EPISODE ONE: Are x You x Like x Me?

| CHAPTER ONE |

ARE YOU LIKE ME?

Against cool white marble, a white blouse with cuffed sleeves rests on top of a blood red dress. It has straps that serve to go over the shoulder, and it's designed to rest just above the knees. The skirt of the dress has flat pleats, adding visual texture to the appeal. Beside the dress lay a dark turquoise pair of tights. The shoes are dark gray kitten heels. Along the ankle strap are small bows. The outfit was handpicked by a mother, better use it.

[~*~]

If the world was a story, everyone walking the planet would be a character of some sort. Everyone living and breathing, is simultaneously a protagonist, an antagonist, a rival, a background character, or a support character. To themselves, they are the protagonist, but to anybody else, they could hold any of the other roles listed. All at once, there are stories and side stories taking place that mostly go unnoticed by the rest of the world. We're all caught up in our own trope. There's something that could be called a super main character though, and there's more than one, but there's also not a lot. These main characters play a major role in the world and often impact the storylines of those around them. They vary from young children embarking on impossible journeys, to the twisted observer who plays God, even doctors who discover the cure to an ageless disease. We have all met a super main character once in our story. They may or may not even hog the spotlight in our narrative, but either way, they mark the point of change in our lives.

Have you met one before? Perhaps you have. They might be at the corner of all the events in your life. Or, they're just waiting to come forward. They're always there, though, watching. Tweaking. Playing.

[~*~]

"Perhaps with the help of Ms. [ L/N ], you'll be able to perform better in class, Mr. Morow."

His playful yellow eyes slid to observe the female beside him, observing her composure. An amused grin rested on his lips, he was careless. The girl beside him was giving the teacher a dry look but blinked it away with a smile. Her posture straightened more, if possible, her reddened lips curving up sweetly. The only telltale give-away that she was being inconvenienced was the way her fingertips whitened around the spines of her academic textbooks. Curiously, he wondered just how heavy those pages were for her. She was frail, thin, delicate looking. She looked like she was made of [ skin tone] twigs, and her legs were matchsticks. He could hypothesize it was her own fault. She was only human, only as good as her pure heart could let her be. She was nothing like him, and yet he was still fascinated by her.

"Forgive me, professor, but I believe Hisoka can only learn if he wants to. I don't believe I would be a good motivator for a person like him." Her gaze swiveled to meet his, [ eye color ] orbs clashing with his catlike, predatory amber gaze. "I am no tutor."

Hisoka chuckled at her words, they were pointed underneath that soft tone she adapted. What a darling actress, he would love to rip apart that facade. "Thank you for the offer, professor Yotubo, but I believe [Y/N] is correct. She would be the least interesting educator for me."

Of course, it was a half-lie. While he held no interest in educational achievement, he did find her to be quite the puzzle to solve. She was contradictory, she was feisty underneath that learned exterior. She could even be like him, eager for excitement within the confines of this city. He had been watching her in class. She had clever in-put, corrections, but always acted like the poster-child for perfection. She was the center of gossip in the school, just like him. It was said her mother was the wife of a business tycoon, and her family had strict rules. It was said that [Y/N] wasn't even allowed outside of her house after seven o' clock.