one: phew, that was a close call!

Today is actually my first day at my new school, we've been here-this town for a week now, and we have to start school now. I dread school because I don't like talking to certain people. Especially now that everything has changed, I can't let people have the slightest hint of who I am.

"Hey Mel are you ready now, i'm about to get out." My brother Trevor informs me referring to his car. "Yep, let's go." I reply quickly hopping out of his nice red car. "Great see you after school soon." Well now i'm by myself what a great twin he is.
I walk slowly to the entrance of the school trying to find someone to ask for help to my first class, a geek maybe? They won't want me to join their group I mean look how i'm dressed.

My brown hair is curled into messy waves, lipstick a shade of a dark peachy color, a short peach dress, a layer of gold necklaces, paired with my favorite leather jacket, and lastly my black Doc Martins.

I mean I thought I looked great tbh, maybe everyone else won't but that's their problem not mine. After 5 minutes of trying to find the class i'm looking for, I find it by passing by it. Thank god I tell myself as the late bell rings and I turn the class room door knob open. Everyone stares at me, damn why is everyone looking at me i'm not late..

"Hello, i'm your homeroom/english teacher: Mr. Coleman, and you must be Melissa Finn." Mr. Coleman said with the brightest smile.

I replied to him with a simple "Yup." He still had a huge smile on his face I just looked at him with a questioning look before I found somewhere to sit. Hmm looks like the conceded pretty girls are there, I told myself as I glanced at the beautiful girl with a mirror in her hand. Then I kept walking to pass some normal students who didn't look like they wanted to be here. But as soon as I found a seat and mentally jumped in hurray! But that was quickly replaced with irritation as someone sat there and looked at me with a smirk.

I gave then the best irritated look and found a seat across from the same person and just as I was going to sit there, one of their friends decided to sit there. Some of the class started to snicker. I had to hold myself back remembering today's my first day at this hell hole. I walked the the other side of the room that appeared to be empty and sat in the last seat in the row. I hate being the first person in a row in class and if I am the last seat it is. As if I had a choice.
...
Homeroom quickly ended as Mr. Coleman explained some of the fun things we'd be doing our senior year of high school. I walked to the office maybe they could help me find my locker.
After waiting forever I looked at the boy sitting down on the bench and he gave me a small smile before opening his mouth to say "Hey, do you need help?" Pretty much I told myself. "Yeah, no clue where my locker is. I'm new here as you can see i'm Melissa Finn, but prefer Mel and you?" I said as polite as I could.

The boy got up signaling to follow him and said "I'm Ricky Dillon, your outfit is nice." Well atleast someone aggrees with my sense of fashion. I thanked him as we reached to my locker. "So i'll see you around...Ricky?" I asked. It looks like he thought about it for awhile at first. "Yes, since you're new wanna sit with my friends and I at lunch?" I immediately accepted, this guy seems pretty cool. "See you then." I replied with a smile, that Ricky returned quickly before going back to the office.

I wonder why he was in the office, he seems like a good guy. I thought while shoving some unneeded supplies in my locker. When I reached Spanish class, it looked like I was pretty early this time so I found a good seat and started the Activator.
Students started to walk into the class now and I was getting itchy, and sweaty. Grateful that know one has called me out for my reputation, I can't have this ruin things again. But it wasn't the parents who ruined it, it was my people If they weren't so annoying rich and elegant they would have just felt bad but instead they threw shame at my parents. The party was actually amazing though, it was the biggest party in my state ever.

"Hello class, today you will pair up and complete this packet. I want everyone to have their own!" The Spanish teacher spoke, ignoring everyone's groans including mine. She started to call the pairs and I went crazy inside. "James & Tara, Timothy & Veronica, Melissa & Bethany." She called the first three pairs, who in the heck is even Bethany.
"Hey so let's get to work, i'm Bethany Mota."
...
"Wait there's one more left." I said in a quickened voice, we had 2 minutes left to complete the packet. Bethany is pretty cool tbh, her outfit is amazing, and I found out that she's also a friend of Ricky.

"So the picture is a sister holding her head with an annoyed face, and a little brother crying." Bethany says describing the picture, we have to pair up the picture with a sentence in Spanish. "Ay Dios Mios!!!" I raised my voice slightly, as the bell rang. I quickly wrote the sentence on my paper before passing it in to the teacher.

"Let's get to lunch!" exclaimed an excited Bethany. I followed her to the cafeteria as she pointed there to her group of friends, I was amazed when I saw the whole table it was packed with beautiful looking people. Once we made our way there they all broke their necks to look at me most of them had small smiles. "Hi, i'm Melissa. But call me Mel." I introduce myself waving to everyone.

I take a seat in between Ricky and Bethany, "I'll introduce you to everyone okay?" says a polite Ricky. I just nod. "So this is Kian, that's Sam, Jc, Trevor, Jenn, Rebecca, Andrea, and Mia." Ricky introduces letting out a huge breath. I was going to say something only to be interrupted by, I think Sam. "I think I know you from somewhere." I just look at him for awhile before he interrupts me again "Ah nevermind, thinking of someone else." The whole group starts to laughs and I laugh slowly not fully into it. Phew, that was a close call!
...
read me: authors note!
hello my beautiful readers! this was the first chapter of last summer omfg. yaaaaas everyone is a youtuber except the main character (Mel). i'm so excited to finally post this i've been wanting to post this story but had no confidence in it.
if you want a next chapter really really soon...add this story to your library and leave a vote/comment! ~natali xo