59

~Amelia ~

~Amelia ~

Three days later, here I am, at work, thinking and writing my script. I didn't go to class since the professor expects me to be on the trip. Instead, I thought it would be a good idea to go to work and get my mind off the cluster of Chase. Everything is about him in my mind. It drives me insane.

The day we were supposed to take off to Paris, I hid out at Trevor's. I knew Chase wouldn't look for me there. I watched Trevor as he happily packed and said he was sorry for the tenth time that Chase is an ass. He felt bad that he would be taking my space on the trip, but I reassured him, that it was all alright. I can imagine he can use a break before becoming a father. I watched him leave the keys for me on the counter before I took off to see Celeste at the hospital. He asked that I stayed here for as long as I wanted, but I knew the moment Chase boarded the plane I would go back to the Millers. Rose told me he's been stopping by. 

On day one of Chase being away I took the time to find a studio or apartment. Rose tagged along with me when she reassured me that she isn't friends with the girls anymore. Lately, she's been keeping to herself. I trusted it. She was the only person I told about Trixi being behind what I found out. I dont even think I told Trevor. I didn't expect to find something so soon, but to my surprise, there was an open space not far from the campus or the city. 

It didn't take long for Claudia to agree and help me put the first and last month's deposit in place. I thanked her and told her I wouldn't let her down. But in order for her to help me pay it, I had to reassure her Chase and I were no longer a couple. 

 I got a few voicemails from random numbers. Come to find out. They were all from him. Before walking into the Theatre I place my phone to my ear to hear his voicemail. 

Chase: Hey... I- I miss you. Fuck Milly, I dont know what to say. I know if I say sorry it wouldn't change anything, but I'm so fucking sorry. I should've been upfront with you, I know. I was only scared of the possibility that I would lose the best thing that ever happened to me. That's you, it always has been. I mean listen to me getting all soapy in my feelings. I never would've hurt you if I...if I just had confided in you that night. Fuck, I- I'm sorry just forget about this voicemail this was a mistake. 

He was drunk, I can imagine he was drinking on the plane before it even took off. I didn't even care to listen to all the other ones he sent so I delete them all. Fuck him. He doesn't care about me. I know it. To hurt me this bad makes me want to do much worst to him, to make him feel what I'm feeling. I push the tears back and straightened my back to walk into the theatre. 

I've been working on my script since Friday night. I had no sleep since then. I've been running on an unhealthy amount of caffeine, and racking my brain to find out why Chase would do that to me. I have to stay busy to keep my mind off it. But sometimes when I'm too busy I forget to take care of myself and get jittery from not eating breakfast, lunch, or dinner.