Word Choice

A/N: My first Big Hero 6 the Series fanfic. Previous BH6 crossovers were written before the series. This takes place after Season 2 ep.17 'Hardlight'. So you may be a bit lost if you haven't watched the series (which few have, I'm guessing).

But don't let it stop you! All rights to Disney. Thanks for reading!

***

"Mini-maximum decorating!"

Minimax, the pint-sized version of Baymax, attached a magnetic clip to the top of a wreath as instructed by his 'big brother'. The much larger Baymax accessed his databanks and lifted the tiny hero in his palms to the precise height of the previous wreath they hung on the opposite side of the spacious foyer.

The circular treasure attached to the metallic support beam with a light clank, and Minimax set his hands to his hips in satisfaction. Wasabi smiled at the robotic duo, then to Hiro.

"Okay everyone," Hiro said.

Honey Lemon, Fred, Go Go, Roddy Blair, and, for the first time, Grace Granville, were chatting nearby in what was once a run-down factory floor. Roddy was hired by Fred to remodel the family candy company into a base for Big Hero 6. After the conference room and a bathroom, the massive factory floor, which doubled as a training room, was his focus.

"Have fun guys," Roddy said, "Still working on the kitchen and dorms."

Hiro and the others thanked him, then the burly, bearded man moved off with a wave over his shoulder. The group walked over to a hexagonal wall panel, Hiro's voice pattern was recognized, and Basemax's digital visage of two round eyes connected by a line appeared. A wide metal door slid open, they entered, then claimed magnetically hovering high-backed seats at a hexagonal table.

"Professor Granville," Baymax said, gesturing to his chair to the left Hiro, who sat in front of the wall screen.

Grace nodded in appreciation, eyes wide at the sight of the huge hexagonal screen with Basemax's face. She sat, and Baymax, with Minimax perched on his head stood nearby.

"Thanks, Professor Granville, for coming out here," Hiro said.

"My pleasure," the tall, slim African American woman replied in a measured tone, glancing around. "Most impressive."

"So," Hiro said, "we covered Hardlight last meeting. Trina and Noodle Burger Boy..."

"All we can do is wait, I guess," offered Wasabi.

"Unfortunately," Go Go said flatly.

"And night patrol is still a no-go," Fred muttered in uncharacteristic gloom.

"Yeah," Hiro said lowly, "too risky getting caught by Chief Cruz."

Thanks to a misunderstanding and a personal vendetta against the heroes of San Fransokyo, Big Hero 6 were now considered fugitives.

"And no more hanging out at the cafe," Honey Lemon noted somberly.

Grace looked to the tall redhead. "I'd avoid being anywhere in public together, or Chief Cruz could make the connection," she noted and glanced at each of them. "If he shows up at SFIT for some reason, I'll contact you immediately."

The woman sighed, and the others looked at her in appreciation.

"If all this is affecting your studies, I understand, and will do what I can. If you need anything, just come see me," she said.

The students gave a chorus of quiet 'thank yous'. The robots simply blinked. Go Go opened her mouth, then shut it.

"Go Go?"