Don't Walk Away

Its been two long years since Louis and I have started dating. We've had so many fights but are always able to work through them and compromise one a solution, but I don't think Louis understands how much the arguing and fighting breaks my heart. The first fight we ever had was petty but I will never forget it.

Flashback:

"Louis, why can't you just let me be friends with other guys without getting jealous or getting angry with me," I screamed. His response was softly spoken, "Because Eva, I love you and I don't want anyone else to have you. Please try to understand that babe." As tears filled my eyes, I became speechless. I just didn't have a response. How could I be overreacting and him acting so calm like that. I ran up the stairs crying because quite fraknly I just need some time alone. After I shut and locked our bedroom door there was a couple faint knocks. "Please let me in Eva. We need to tlak about this," he said with such calmness and serenity in his voice. How could I not let him in. I got up wiping my eyes and unlocked the door. I went and sat back down on the bed still crying when I felt his arm around my shoulders and him pulling me onto his lap. As I laid my head on his shoulder I asked, "Don't you trust me enough to have other guy friends I can pal around with?" "its not that I don't trust you, its them I don't trust. Do you understand what I'm trying to say,' he asked, the tears starting to form in his eyes. I nodded my head in response as he wiped away a tear that was running down my cheek and said, "I just don't want you to get taken advantage of. I only get jealous because I love you and don't want to see you get hurt. I am sorry for the way I reacted though, can you forgive me?" With a shaky voice I replied, "Yes, I can.Can you forgive me for the way I flipped out on you?" He nodded his head and then placed a gentle kiss on my forehead. "Let's just put this behind us and forget it ever happened," he said clearly holding back the tears from seeing me cry. "Deal," I said as he pulled me in for a tight hug. I spent the rest of the evening sitting on his lap with my head on his shoulder and eventually drifted off to sleep.

I don't know what I would do if somethingbigger ever occurred between us. It would break my heart to have to leave him but, if I had to do it for myself then I would. My life just wouldn't be the same without him in it.

Now its two years after we got together and its my birthday. I wonder how this day will play out. As I sat on the couch watching TV, Louis walked in carrying three indvidually wrapped gifts. "Happy birthday babe," he said as he sat the gifts beside me on the couch and kissed my cheek. I stared at him, to shocked to say anything. He knows I don't like when he buys me more than one thing for my birthday. He smiled cheekily and said, "Well aren't you going to open it?" I started to reach for the smallest box when he snatched it out of my reach."Hey what was that for," I asked as I tried to reach for the box. "This one gets opened last, its special," he said with a twinkle in his eyes. I rolled my eyes and sighed as I opened one of the bigger boxes. "Oh Louis I love them," I said as I pulled out a pair of silver heels with just a smidge of bling. He smiled triumphantly and I giggled at his funny face. I opened the second and pulled out a short strapless purple dress. "This...is...gorgeous," I said excitedly examining the dress. He nodded in agreement and said, "Just like you." I blushed at his comment and said, "Now give me that box you stole from me." He reluctantly handed me the small box. I opened it to reveal a pair of diamond earrings with a matching diamond necklace. I threw my arms around him in a big hug. "Thanks babe, I love you," I said as I pulled away. "It was nothing dear and that's the outfit your going to wear tonight right," he asked. I looked at him with a confused expression. He chuckled and said, 'To your birthday dinner. Its not going to be big jsut the boys and Brittany. Its going to be at Harry's house in about two hours, you best start getting ready." I jumped up, gave him another hug, and ran upstairs with the boxes in hand.

After I got showered I started to put the dress on and realized the zipper was in the back. I sighed and yelled, "Louis can you come help get dress zipped up?" He was up the stairs and had the dress zipped in about five minutes. He put the necklace on while I put the earrings in. "Thanks babe, I'll be down in about ten to fifteen minutes," I said as I pushed him out the bathroom door. As I did my makeup I kept asking myself how I could be with a guy who gave me so much and wanted nothing but my love in return. I finished my makeup and put the shoes on and started my descent down the stairs.When Louis heard me approaching, he turned around and his mouth dropped. "Eva you look stunning," he managed to say not taking his eyes off of me. I blushed and looked down at the floor. I looked back up and said, "Shouldn't we get going, I mean I don't want to be late to my own birthday dinner." He nodded and led me out the door. The entire way to Harry's place I had to keep reminding him to keep his eyes on the road. "Lou pay attention, your going to get us killed," I said sternly. He sighed and said, "I'm sorry I just can't take my eyes away from you beautiful." I smiled and looked out the window. Louis held my hand the entire way there.