Varun Naidu conducted investigations and problem-solving initiatives

Being the part of Delta Police Management Team, Varun Naidu oversees sworn officers, support staff and volunteers. He successfully managed to operate an annual budget of 34 million dollars. As the member of the management team, he worked collaboratively with Delta Police Association and the Canadian Union of Public Employees. He holds core competency in conflict resolution, change management, leadership, emergency management, team building, supervisor, investigations, report writing, and court testimony.

Being involved in drug investigation, Varun Naidu supervised seven constables in the areas of drug investigation. It included indoor marijuana grow operations and drug trafficking. As a supervisor, he provided an oversight on all the investigations and developed strategies with his team to reduce the impacts of drugs in the community through education, enforcement and community partnerships.

Being the part of Sergeant Delta Police Drug Section, he supervised all administrative matters and managed an annual budget of $932,000 that included wages and benefits. As the inspector in charge of Operational Support Branch, Varun managed Traffic Section, Vulnerable Sector, Community Policing, Victim Services, Community Relations, and School Liaison Units. In September 2017, Varun served in Inspector Strategic Services Branch where he conducted reviews and coordinated special projects for the Department. He also supervised the Emergency Management Section and the Victim Services Unit.

At the Patrol Division, Varun Naidu formerly served as the Acting Inspector where he served as the in charge. He managed the first response priorities and services to the community. Besides, he supervised four platoon shifts consisting of approximately 80 officers.

Being the part of Patrol Division, he responded to the calls for service as well as conducted investigations and problem-solving initiatives to address the community concerns. Besides, he availed the opportunity to supervise the constables and provided guidance and leadership on all investigative and operational matters.

Formerly, Varun served as the part of Emergency Response Team where he assisted in conducting high risk operations that fell outside the skills, knowledge, and the ability of regular members such as warrant service, barricaded persons and hostage rescue.

During his free time, Varun Naidu loves to watch sports especially NFL. He loves to go to gym regularly and has traveled a lot along with his family.