Chapter 1: Starting Over

Annalise's POV

It was still dark when I woke to the smell of bacon and eggs. I rubbed my eyes and sat up remembering today was the last day I would get to see my parents for a while. I pushed back the covers and dangled my legs over the edge of the bed searching for my pink and fluffy bunny slippers. I shoved my feet into them and stood up yawning. I slowly walked to my bathroom trying to adjust to the light of my room that was turned on by my brother as he rudely barged in without knocking like usual. He stood leaning against the door smiling at me as I made my way to the other side of my room.

"You ready for school little sis?" He chuckled.

I groaned in response. He laughed at my annoyance.

"Do I look ready to spend the rest of my days in an endless hell?"

He chuckled again. "Aw come on. It may be an endless hell but it's only 4 years. Think of it as a great way to meet new people and make some wild friends."

I rolled my eyes. "What makes you think I want to make friends let alone meet new people? I don't like people. I'd rather surf tumblr and stalk people on twitter. Being social isn't my kind of fun. As if you didn't know that already."

"Well then you're in for one hell of a surprise." He whispered to himself.

I closed my door and got ready for the start of the worst moment in my life, leaving my beloved home and moving 18 hours away from it. School is a whole other world for me. I already have a life. I don't understand why my parents thought it would be a good idea to send Aiden and I to live another one. It's a private boarding school in literally the middle of nowhere. There is nothing but 3 hours of thick forest on every side of it and it looks endless from any view. I have to admit the buildings are absolutely gorgeous as if they were a bunch of small castles in a fairytale. There are two large dorm buildings on the right side for females and exact opposites on the left for the males. The main building where all of the classrooms, gyms, lunchroom, etc, are is in the middle of them and it certainly stands out. The school is supposed to be favored by the most rich and famous of all society. I'm still trying to figure out how our parents could even afford that. Sure we were rich but it was overpriced even for us.

I turned on my curling wand and waited for it to heat up by brushing out my long blonde hair. It was strange how nobody in our family looked like each other. I have porcelain skin, long blonde hair with very few black streaks, and eyes the color of a stormy sea. Aiden has bright blue eyes with dark brown hair and yellow toned skin. Our mom has blonde hair like me but without the black, average blue eyes, and tan skin. Our dad has brown eyes, ashy hair, and tan skin as well. Aiden is muscular and fit like our parents but I'm more doll like with a delicate complexion. None of us look anything alike and it freaks out everybody we know. I can only laugh at their shock and shrug it off.

I finished curling my hair and washed my face prepping it for makeup, a girls true treasure. I put on the typical makeup going for a more natural look and stepped out still in my nighty and slippers. Aiden looked as if he was passed out on my plush queen sized canopy bed that I was already starting to miss. He must have stayed up late stressing over this matter like I was. I wanted to crawl in beside him and hope our parents would come in and tell us we wouldn't have to go. Unfortunately I had a habit of dreaming too much. I stared at my brother for a while and headed off to my closet to change. I slipped off my nighty and put on some acid wash jeans and a black and hot pink tank top with my matching hot pink pumps. I shrugged on a pink jacket and went back into my room.

Aiden was still asleep. I rolled my eyes and grabbed my shoulder bag shoving everything I hadn't already packed into my suitcases into it. I walked over to Aiden and tugged at his hair. "Aiden, Aiden wake up." He rolled over. I pushed at his shoulder but he didn't budge. I slung off my bag and pushed him over the edge of the bed. He groaned in pain as he stood up.