Art is Slovenly <3 Introduction

Read description! Enjoy:D

---------------------

Art is Slovenly <3

Introduction:

"As you're mother I feel obligated to tell you......it was all you father's idea!" my mom ushered my father in front of her and I just laughed.

"Mom, dad.....whoever did this, thank you!" I ran over to them and gave them each a hug.

"Well, we both, " my dad paused and shot an amused glance at my mom. "decided that since it was you're seventh birthday, and we know how much you love to paint." My dad trailed off as I took in my room, it held nothing because the floors were smothered with plastic bags and news paper. I didn't even care about that but what was piled up in the corner. Seven or eight buckets of different colored paint.

Yeah, it was my birthday and I was going to spend it, along with most likely the next few days, painting my naked walls. I squealed a little at the thought which caused my parents to chuckle.

"Well, it's still early, Tay, we can paint it later. After we've all had breakfast." my mom said, retreating out of the room.

"But, mom..." I whined half heartily. "I want to paint my room now."

I pouted when she shook her head, smiling nonetheless.

"Tayla, we can paint after all of us eat." my dad gave me a pointed look and ruffled my hair when the grin reappeared on my face. Nothing would ruin my mood, I could wait a couple hours to paint.

"Alright you two, come on so I can get breakfast fixed up." my mom said and glided out of the room.

"Come on, shrimp." my dad gently pushed me forward.

I groaned, "Dad, I told you not to call me a shrimp! I don't----"

"---live in the sea. I know, shrimp." he laughed.

I 'hmpted' and peeked behind me to get a quick glance at my room just before my dad closed it tight.

***

It's been ten years since I was happily painting my first room. Now, as I gazed over the room for the first time since I moved away to live with my aunt and uncle, I couldn't help the memories flooding back. It had took a lot of persuasion, from my aunt and uncle as well as myself, to finally come back and live here.

Yes, I was moving back into this house. But I wouldn't be alone. I also had a brother who is 22 years old and has been living here since he was 18. My brother, Brandon, had also moved in with our aunt and uncle but had moved back here as soon as he was legal.

Brandon had been trying to get me to stay with him for a while but I couldn't do it. As to how I finally found the courage to pack up my things and move back down here to California didn't really click.

All that my old room held was my small Alice in Wonderland themed single bed and a dresser I had taken upon myself to decorate the same day I painted the room.

"Brings back a lot of memories, huh?" Brandon spoke up from behind me, only startling me slightly.

I turned to him and sighed, "Yeah, but I expected it to."

He pulled me a a hug and I returned it, "It had to happened sometime. You know that."

I nodded and let go of him. I looked beside him and saw my suitcases and hand bags.

I smiled up at him, "Thanks, Brandon." I started bringing them farther in the room.

"Do you want help unpacking?" he rubbed the back of his neck, I could tell he was nervous.

"Nah....I'll wait a little. Until I feel a little more....here."

He nodded in understanding and put the last to bags beside my dresser before following me out.

"It'll get better, it will feel like old times. Welcome back home Tayla." Dalton said, softly, from behind me.

Welcome home, Tayla. I thought to myself.

()()()()()

Thanks so much for reading! I really like what I have planned out for this story and I hope you'll like it to:D

xxxxComments, fans, votes<3xxxx