Alec Tales- part 2

"we have some bad news..." i walked over to them and looked at the newspaper they were holding, my face turned to shock. I saw my mothers face in the death column. Tears raced from my eyes, so did their's. "we're so sorry Em" they reached out to hug me but i moved back, "no, no!" i ran out the door. i couldnt take it! I ran down the streets and to the hospital, everyone knew me there, "oh Em we are so sorry" said one of the nurses "where is she?!" i screamed "you cant see her darling, we're so sorry" "WHERE IS SHE?!" I screamed louder and ran down the hall into her room. I saw her laying on the bed, pale, not breathing. The tears ran harder down my face as i ran to her side, speachless "why couldnt they help you?" i whispered "dear father above, take care of my nanna up there. Make sure she is safe with you. Please... In jesus name amen." I prayed.

Pa found me sitting at the park in tears "hey Em, we are so very sorry, we're sad too. She was my  daughter..." He sat there waiting for a response 'can i tell you a story to cheer you up?" i nodded "once there was a girl named Emma, she was the prettiest girl ever and her Pa loved her very very very much, in fact he loved her all the world with..." "with ten on" i say continuing his sentence "correct, now that girls mother had just passed away and she couldn't take it, so she ran off to cry where no one could see her. She felt scared and alone, but she wasn't alone. She had her Pa." Pa hugged me "thanks Pa" he nodded 'no worries,' he said in a calming voice, but inside i knew he was crying hard like a big piece of him had died. 

two weeks later Pa joined the navy and sent postcards each week. But it was nothing like really seeing him. But one time he didnt send a post card, he sent a box. 'For Em' it read "i guess this ones yours," nanny gran smiled and handed my the box. I opened it to find a doll wearing navy clothes and one wearing police man clothes *Pa was a policeman once* along with a letter. the letter read 'My dearest Em, i miss you very much. Its very exciting here, if i could i'd send a bigger box and make you get in it and then get nanny gran to send it back, just so i could see you. But of course it would be a bumpy ride and i wouldn't want you to get injured. Love Pa.' I smiled and read it out to nanny gran.

Pa came back not long after that  letter with more gifts, one was a sailors hat for me, another was a beautiful necklace for Nanny gran and then there was a locket for me. It had a picture of my mum on one side and one of Nanny gran and Pa's wedding on the other. I hugged pa and kissed his cheek "next time bring me" i said with a smile. My pa's the greatest, he stands up for me, gives me gifts and never gets angry; thats nanny gran's job. 

that night i stayed up most of the night reading the end of Ways To Live Forever. Great book, sad book but still great!

13 years later- i've had two kids named Isla and Sam, Pa's in love with them. They are 5 and 6 years old, they sit watching pa play his cards and hear Pa's stories about the navy and being a police man. Pa's very sick now.

3 years from that- pa died 1926- 2010, miss him. xoxoxo to pa, wherever you are. Nanny gran is still alive, still golfing and happy, but missing Pa lots and lots.

PLEASE NOTE- only some of this book are true, my mum dying is not true, Pa dying from old age Years after i was a kid was true. PA 1926- 2010 xoxo