Prologue

The searing, ripping pain in my lungs fought against the sharp scream forcing its way out of my throat as my body became rigid. My eyes jerked open, but the room was so dark they might as well have been closed anyways. The nightmares that I have in the night are unexplainable. Without any force, my torso shot up to wrap my arms around my trembling knees. My loud, terror-stricken breaths and my expeditious heart rate were the only sounds in the dingy, dejected place I duly called my bedroom. I repeated in my head that it was only a dream and I didn't have to be afraid, but the terror still struck my heart with every beat.

    With my head between my boney knees, I could feel my heart thud against them, fighting to soothe my petrified state of mind. My thoughts scrambled in my mind like bolts of lighting, some staying in my mind for a few seconds then moving on to the next. 

    Soon all became still though. It was like after a storm. The remnants of broken houses and sorrow still remained, but the storm itself left for the meanwhile. It was only when I lifted my head that the tears on my cheeks became known. They had been hot on my face, but now they were cold. I wiped them away with my bare arm, transferring the icy water onto it instead.

    A heavy weight on my chest settled like a million pound rock. It had been there for as long as I could remember. But I didn’t want to remember why it settled there in the first place. I just wanted out. To be free of limitations and this depressed state of mine. To see things positively for once. To not seek out the bad in things instead of the good like other people did. But that isn’t me. If I did see the positive, I wouldn’t be who I am. Maybe I would be an overall better person. Or maybe it would ruin me forever.

*IF you would like to see chapter one, please let me know. If this does well, I will work on posting chapter one. Please remember that this is MY writing and I work very hard to form descriptive stories to suit my taste. If you are confused, I will try to make it less complicated.
I wanted to share my writing with the world, so here it is. If you do like it, please do tell me. 💛