Chapter 1 ~ Crush

You. Y/N. Always despising villains, now being part of a villain group. The Shie Hassaikai. Wow. You thought, stepping into the hideout for the first time.

"Damn. I love this a lot more than I thought I would."

"I'm glad to hear that. Well, Y/N, we welcome you to the Shie Hassaikai."

Kai Chisaki, Overhaul, bowed. You bowed back, trying to make a good first impression.

"Thank you, boss. What would you like me to do first?"

"Go ahead and introduce yourself to everyone. I'm sure they'd all be happy to meet you."

"Okay, I'll get on it."

You bowed once again and walked away. Smiling, you walked through the halls of the Hassaikai's hideout. You noticed a wooden door on your right. You decided to slowly approach it and knock. No response. You were about to knock again but suddenly the door swung open, nearly hitting you. You took a quick step back, and had a shocked look on your face.

"Wha- Oh! Hey! You're the new member, aren't you?" A voice asked.

You looked around, unsure where the voice was coming from until you looked down.

"I'm Joi Irinaka. Everyone calls me Mimic, though. Who're you?"

"Oh, uh, I-I'm Y/N L/N. And yeah, I'm new here." You answered.

"Pfft, Overhaul's been talking about this for awhile. Nice to finally meet you, Y/N! I'll see ya later, alright? Bye!" He smiled, slowly closing the door.

The door shut and you were left there, staring blankly at the wall. The hell just happened? You laughed and continued down the hall. You found another door not too far from the other one. You took a deep breath. Why am I suddenly feeling nervous? Stop that. Psh. You shook your head to stop the jitters you felt. With another deep breath, you gently knocked on the door.

After another gentle knock and a few seconds, the door finally opened. It revealed a man with gold-blonde hair, large, wide eyes, a green polo shirt, pink tie, and a black mask, similar to Overhaul's. Oh no, now I know why I was nervous. You felt yourself turn a bit red.

"H-Hi. Uh, I'm Y-Y/N L/N, the new member. I j-just wanted to introduce myself."

The man removed his mask, revealing red cheeks and a nervous grin.

"I''m T-Toya Setsuno. It's r-really, really nice to meet you, Y/N. Overhaul's talked about you quite a bit." He said with a slight chuckle at near the end.

"Heh, y-yeah? Mimic told me the same thing."

"Oh, y-you talked to Mimic? Heh, that guy's-- d-definitely something."

"Hmph, honestly." You blushed.

"Hey, u-uh, would you wanna come back later? Overhaul s-said some cool things about you, a-and I want to learn more. Setsuno blushed a bright red.

You looked at him with a slightly dropped jaw and wide eyes, similar to his.

"Y-Yeah! Yeah, of course! I'd love that. I-I'll make sure to come back." You smiled.

"Okay. See you, Y-Y/N."

He closed the door gently. You stood in front of it, smiling more than you ever have before. Which isn't much, actually. You've had a very difficult life. But now you have Setsuno to cheer you up. To make you happy. Yes. You continued your introductions to the rest of the Hassaikai, a wide smile on your face the entire time, completely unable to wipe it off your face.

A bit later, after introducing yourself, you quickly went back to Overhaul to see if he wanted anything. You smiled walking past Setsuno's door. You then approached Kai's room and knocked before entering slowly.

"Need anything, sir? I've introduced myself."

"I don't really have anything right now. You can just do what you'd like. Maybe try getting to know one of the members better?" He suggested.

"Good idea. Thank you, boss."

You walked out the room with a smile, as you started to Setsuno's room. Okay, okay. Relax. You're fine. You reassured yourself. You knocked gently. The door opened quicker than last time.

"Hey." You blushed.

"Hi. Nice t-to see you again. U-Uh, come in." Setsuno stuttered.

You tried hard not to nervously laugh or make any noises. You looked around in his room. It was an average, yet nice and clean room. You took a seat on the couch.

"S-So, uh, what do you think of the Hassaikai so far?" He asked, sitting next to you.

"I really like it, honestly. Everyone is so much nicer than I expected. L-Like you." You smiled.

Setsuno blushed softly. "I.. I'm glad you joined. One day, Overhaul saw me, weeping in an alley, and he decided to pick me up and help me out. I never would've thought that I'd meet all of the people I know now. And considering the garbage I am, I wouldn't have expected them to treat me so nicely. Unlike everyone else."

"Setsuno. You aren't garbage. I know we just met, b-but I can tell. You're an amazing person. Don't ever let anyone tell you anything else." You smiled, making him feel slightly better about himself.

He smiled softly and tears began to fill his eyes. He looked down and sniffed, closing his eyes. Tears ran down his face.

"Oh, I-I'm sorry. I'm really sorry." He apologized.

"No, no, it's okay. Don't worry. Just let it out." You whispered, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Thank you. I-I... I'm just feeling something. Something I haven't felt with someone in awhile. It's-- I-It's so nice to feel."

You smiled softly. "I'm so happy to hear that, Setsuno. Do you-- Do you wanna talk about why you haven't felt it?" You asked, slowly.

"Okay. Y-Yeah." There was a short pause, and he continued. "My g-- ex-girlfriend... cheated on me. And left me in a mountain of debt. I loved her. So, so much. I wanted to propose. Start a family with her. Be happy with her, for the rest of my life. One day... I had enough. The pain was too much for me to handle. I tried... I tried to-- end it. All. Until a hero saved me. I was so angry and felt so useless that I couldn't even take my own life. That's when he found me. Kai. And-- well, here we are now. I'm talking to you. For once, actually feeling-- nevermind." He ended with a short smile.

"I like seeing you smile, Setsuno. And-- I'm so, so, so sorry. That all of that happened to you. You don't deserve it at all. But, hey. Now you have the us. You have the Hassaikai. And-- I... I will always be here for you. Always. Because I want you to be happy. Like I said, I like seeing you smile." You smiled.

Setsuno let out a small chuckle. You felt like crying when you saw it. After learning Setsuno's backstory and everything he's been through... just making him smile even a little bit, makes your heart melt. You blushed. I've got a crush.