Chapter One: A New School Day

The alarm rang, the bird started to sing, it was morning.

Monday, August 5th, 6:00 AM. Izzumi's Home

Izzumi got up to the sound of her alarm ringing. She turned it off with a loud WACK!! She took a moment to try to wake herself up before actually getting up from her bed. She sat there for a while, thinking about how today was gonna go, it was her first day of school after all, and it was her last year at Highschool, although, it's not the same high school that she had been at for 3 years. She had to move due to her grandmother's death and had to move in with her Aunt. Izzumi sighed and finally got up. She went to her closet and picked out her outfit for today. She put it on and then went to go do her hair and makeup. Once she finished, she went over to the kitchen and made herself breakfast. The most casual meal, eggs, and bacon. When she finished her meal, she put her plate down and went to go brush her teeth. After that, she did everything else she had to do and went to go prepare her backpack. Her aunt had woken up to the sound of footsteps.

Izzumi's Aunt: "Izzumi dear, is that you that I hear?"

Izzumi: "Yes Auntie, it's me."

Izzumi's aunt got out of her room and walked over to her niece. She smiled at the fact that Izzumi did not seem that anxious but was kind of worried at Izzumi's blank expression.

Izzumi's Aunt: "Dear, are you feeling alright?"

Izzumi: "Yes auntie, why do you ask?"

Izzumi's Aunt: "You seem a bit sad, or mad?"

Izzumi: "I'm ok auntie"

Izzumi's Aunt: "Then why the long face, dear?"

Izzumi: "It's just how I look auntie, there is not really a reason to be happy. Here, if it makes you feel better.."

Izzumi smiled at her Aunt. Izzumi's aunt seemed pleased and smiled back. Izzumi's aunt gently grabbed Izzumi's face that way she could look at her. It had seemed like she had a tense grip, yet so gentle and warm. Izzumi looked up at her aunt a bit worried.

Izzumi: "What is it, auntie? Is something wrong?"

Izzumi's Aunt: "No dear, nothing wrong. In fact, I should be asking you that."

Izzumi's Aunt kneeled a bit down to look face to face at Izzumi.

Izzumi's Aunt: "Dear, I know it's been hard for you ever since your parents had left you alone with your sister. And I know that after your Grandmother's funeral you've been even more upset. I know it's hard, darling. But today you got to be strong, in fact, I expect a smile for the rest of your days, you got that?"

Izzumi smiled and giggled a bit. She thought it was a bit cute that her aunt was worried about her. Her aunt wasn't wrong either Since her parents had left her she hasn't been very happy lately. But as long as her aunt is happy, she will stay strong, and try to be happy.

Izzumi: "eheh..Okay, auntie, I will TRY to keep a smile." 

Izzumi's Aunt: "You are absolutely right, or else I'm gonna stitch a smile instead."

They both smiled and chuckled a bit. Yes, it didn't seem very funny, but they are used to dark humor a lot and find it funny. Izzumi hugged her Aunt and kissed her cheek.

Izzumi: "I'll see you later aunt, I love you."

Izzumi's Aunt: "I love you too, Dear. Have a wonderful day at school okay?"

Izzumi: "Okay, bye!"

Izzumi's Aunt: "Bye!"

Izzumi grabbed her backpack, headed to the main door, and went to the bus stop. Her sister, Olivia, had already been waiting there. Olivia wakes up an hour ahead of Izzumi just to watch Netflix. But Izzumi doesn't really think it's worth waking up at 5 AM in the morning just to watch Netflix, mainly because she knows she'll just accidentally fall asleep. Izzumi called for Olivia.