I Almost Get Shot In The Head By My Best Friend

I heard a loud crunchy noise as I crouched behid a low bush. I had no idea how far I was in the forest, I just knew that I needed to RUN. I turned just then as a man with a long bushy beard pointed a gun at my head. He looked at me with a desperate face and stared straight into my eyes. I knew it would be the end. I would never see my family ever again or my best friend Jane. I had to find a way I just had to. I heard a loud gun shot and the man fell to his knees, blood streaming down his forehead.

"Grace...Grace" I looked up from a far distance I could see Jane holding a gun as if she had just shot it.
Jane lept down from the tree where she had shot the man. I looked at her puzzled but then in sync we had the same idea, that we needed to run. We ran and ran so long it felt like it had been three days straight. When we no longer heard footsteps we stopped to rest panting like wild dogs. Then again we heard a gun shot and that was our cue to run.
The three of us, Jane, Ana, and I always knew there something different about ourselves, that we had different qualities than most other kids we had special powers. When we finally turned 12 each of our parents gave us a talk. The talk in which to tell us that each of us combined where the most powerful people on earth. That we special powers to manipulate the mind, to be invisible, to run faster than the speed of light, that shocked us we didn't know what to do so of course we told, not knowing we probably would be captured because of our differences. A few days after we had told a couple people, the word had spread around village to village and a troup of about 20 men raded our village in search of the three of us. Hearing the gunshots we knew that we had to run we knew that those were the people here to catch us, the Dark Capturers. And this is how we got to where we are now.
After running for about another five minutes we stopped at the bank of a river where we met Ana who had already crossed the river. Reluctantly Jane and I jumped into the freezing cold water, shivering and our lips turning a dark purple, and swam across the river.
"Jane... Jane. I can't do it"I said while swallowing a huge mouth full of water.
Jane looked over at me, seeing that I was near drowning, helped me the rest of the way across the river. Once we had reached the end we quickly jumped out of the water embracing Ana having thought she had gotten caught escaping.

For what seemed about an hour we stared in each other's eyes in shock. Knowing that the guards would reach us, we decided to get a move on with our escape. But eventually we would have to face the truth; it was us against the world.