Paint Me Like One of Your French Boos

(HellBooooooo...

Had to make a little oneshot for them. ;P Someone on Twitter vaguely mentioned shipping them, and I went into the game looking for the ship material that caused the initial thought. Found some of that, and my imagination took off as I began to plot out a few little stories for these two.

Hope you all enjoy!)

Disclaimer: I do not own Mario, the "Luigi's Mansion" series, or any of its characters. In terms of aesthetic, the Master Suite is my favorite floor. I legit want all that KB merch.

*Spoilers for some of the paintings in the Master Suite. I don't think there are any other spoilers in this besides just the rooms and some of the decorations you'll see in the Master Suite.*

Paint Me Like One of Your French Boos

She caught his eyes focusing on it.

Red eyes stared at the painting, a small hiss echoing from his fanged mouth as he studied every detail. The little nubs he had for arms drifted up, then fell. His brow, always furrowed in a sort-of anger, widened ever so slightly before furrowing deeper than the usual height it stayed at.

Hellen turned, fear lighting up her ghostly form. Her hand quickly nabbed her powder compact, darting up to her face to put on a quick layer to hide any stress before tucking the little compact away. A strained smile appeared on her face as she mimicked clearing her throat, doing something to catch the attention of the Boo across from her. "Is everything okay, my king?"

King Boo stayed still. Something between a growl and a hiss echoed over the space as his eyes flashed at the portrait.

She looked over his form, her teeth catching her bottom lip as she looked at the piece he was staring at.

It had been a piece she had made when she had first found out about him and his battles with the cowardly Luigi. Vibrant swirls of all different shades of purples whirled around the round form at the bottom center, making him look as if he was the sun in a dark horizon of deep twilight. His arms were stretched towards the sky, mouth wide and caught mid-cackle. He looked powerful, as Hellen thought the King of all Boos should be.

"I've never seen myself in a painting before," he hissed, displeasure dripping from his tone. "Comes with spending too much time being in them."

Her fingers curled as a frown shaped his fanged mouth, the corners tightening downward as a noise came from him-

"And that is because of that horrid professor!" she cried, flying in front of her painting, arms spread to block anything the King might throw at it. She had admittedly spent so much time on it that she was loathe to part with it.

"I don't know if I feel comfortable looking at something that's happened twice now..." he murmured. The furrow in his brow deepened, and Hellen saw his tongue curl as he prepared to lash it out at the painting behind her.

There had to be a way to turn this around.

"Wait!"

He paused, tongue freezing in place.

Hellen cooed as she adjusted her featherless boa, the long article flowing down her graceful arms. "It's that scientist's fault that you feel this way about seeing your wonderful self in such a portrait." Her left wrist gently nestled under her chin and her other hand reached for the larger ghost. "He's robbed you of the experience of seeing your beauty captured for all to see, a few moments captured for a lifetime of people to look upon you and see only power and elegance."