😼

Hiyoko was spread out on her stomach on her bed. She burrowed her face in the many plushies and teddies she had, most of them that were gifts from Mahiru. Hiyoko groaned as she begrudgingly moved into a sitting position so she could properly untie her ponytails. When she finished unclipping the small, green bows from her hair she crossed her legs and spoke up.

"Mahiru~ *Please* brush my hair!" Hiyoko's hands stretched out in front of her crossed legs and when Mahiru raised her eyebrows at Hiyoko in a way that said 'Really. Now?', Hiyoko just fluttered her eyelashes innocently.

"Pretty please?" Hiyoko begged, she began pouting.
Mahiru hanged the kimono) that was on the floor) over a chair, then rolled her eyes before giggling and rushing to Hiyoko's side on the over crowded bed. She leaned over to get a hairbrush from the drawer next to the bed. Her eye caught onto the squishy, silicone, kitty nightlight which made her smile fondly. She plopped down behind Hiyoko, her back against the many plushies Hiyoko put on her bed, and took a handful of Hiyoko's hair in her hand gently.

"So the squishy nightlight arrived, " Mahiru stated.
Hiyoko let out a hum of pleasure and gingerly picked up the nightlight. Mahiru couldn't see what she was doing with it since Hiyoko's back and hair blocked most of her vision but it seemed like she was messing with the settings because soon the light in the room completely changed.

The hue of the light shone bright and orange. The colour was more of a orange mixed with red. The light dyed everything the dark room with orange and the only other light in the room came from the moon from outside the window.

Hiyoko proceeded to squish the night light and that seemed to entertain her as Mahiru continued to softly brush the other girl's hair.

"How come you keep making me brush your hair? You're 18 years old now," Mahiru asked in an amused voice.

Hiyoko huffed and quickly turned around to stick her tongue out at Mahiru, who just giggled.

"Cause you're the only one who can make it nice and soft, silly... not like Mikan who would probably CUT my hair off. Not that I would let her touch my hair!" Hiyoko replied.

Mahiru was amused at first but then shook her head disapprovingly to show that she didn't agree with the last bit.

Hiyoko looked confused at first but then realised and hesitated before correcting herself.

" Sorry... Mikan isn't smelly and she wouldn't cut all my hair off...", then Hiyoko lifted her head to see if Mahiru approved.

Mahiru smiled kindly and Hiyoko turned back around and started messing with the nightlight again.

"You know that you're really adorable right Yoko?" Mahiru mumbled suddenly once she started brushing Hiyoko's hair again.

"Hmm?" Hiyoko asked, as she hadn't heard what her dearest friend has said.

"Oh it's nothing."