Magic is Might

(Spoiler Alert! If you haven't read ALL the books yet you'll be very angry with me!)

The war for the Iron Throne was still raging across Westeros, tearing apart the land and killing countless common folk. Men are being killed, women raped, and cities put to flame. Even in the farthest reaches of the world, the effect of the war in the seven kingdoms could be felt.

Across the Dothraki sea, Daenerys Targaryen has realized her destiny to rule the seven kingdoms in a terrifying misadventure on the back of her largest and most ferocious dragon, Drogon, but has been discovered and taken captive by Khal Jhaqo, one of the Dothraki kos of Drogo's old khalasar who left her when her khal died. She is the last known Targaryen in the world.

King Tommen sits on the iron throne; a young boy, easily swayed by the whims of his mother and her selfish schemes and is a most unfit match for the menace of the throne on which he sits. His wife Margaery Tyrell is also whispering into his ear, trying to bend him to her will. Slowly Tyrell's and their bannerman are infiltrating Kings landing trying to increase their power over the land.

Cersei Lannister was a prisoner of the Faith and was forced to share her shame with the entire city. She has returned to court shamed but more vengeful and manipulative than ever.

Stannis Baratheon remains at the Wall, far in the north away from the war for the iron throne. The Nights Watch is waging a very different sort of war, against an enemy they barely understand. Stannis is the rightful heir to the Iron Throne, but decided the to rule the realm he must first protect it. He marches towards Winterfell but gets caught in a debilitating snowstorm. The wellness of himself and his host hangs in the balance.

Euron Greyjoy is king in the Iron Islands. He has begun his rule by leading many successful raids along the Reach. However accomplished he may be in raiding, he is less accomplished in waging war.

Meanwhile in Oldtown in the middle of the war, there sits a place remarkably untouched. The Citadel. But the Citadel has many deep secrets and none outside of it truly know what it is. It is a school for young wizards and witches. The secret of magic is still fairly well hidden. When the witches and wizards emerge into the common world they pose as maesters, and are forced to only show a fraction of their skills. The power of magic is the only thing that can save the Kingdom now.

When the fate of Westeros hangs in the balance a group of brave young wizards and witches must set out and alter the course of history forever.