" Fighting The Cure "

Chapter 1 : Fighting The Cure 💕

    (Sounds of radio) " No Fire Can Burn Me , No battle can turn me , No mountain Can stop me , cause you hold my hand and I'm walking in your victory

I instantly pull the cover from over my head , tired as ever but I know when I hear the sound of music it's time to get up and get ready for school because ma dukes wake up every morning around this time  listening to her gospel music motivating her to get up and keep fighting to get through the day .

" Goodmorning Beautiful, While kissing my mama on her soft shinning bald head as she lay her head on my shoulder and slightly grin , Goodmorning my handsome baby " . I quickly run into the other bedroom to awake my siblings , 10 year old Faith and Gracelyn who are twins and 3 year old Jayce my little brother . I get them ready for school every morning then I run to the kitchen as quick as I can to fix them up a quick breakfast before their bus come riding on by.

This is a everyday routine Monday - Friday and I have to make sure I get up in time to get them ready plus myself because I'm still in school as well . But Today is a big day for me because I find out if I made homecoming court or not and everybody knows it's a must that I win to show off for the ladies 😏 .

(Sound of bus door opening ) "Quick y'all come on let's go " !!! while running to the bus stop with Jayce in my arms I'm just lucky enough we made it because usually we be the ones who end up getting bus lefted.  I get to school walking in so smooth with my blue jeans on and my white tshirt with my boots on everybody swear I was a white boy but a smooth white boy I knew exactly how to pull the ladies .

The sound of the intercom come on " Goodmorning Richmand County High School it's good to have all of you all back on this bright and early Monday and I hope you all have a fantastic day but before I get off I would like to announce our homecoming court for the boys "

That's when you hear nothing but students saying " Shhhhhhhhhhh everyday , listen " getting all excited and I'm trying to act normal as usual like I'm not excited that's when I hear Jamal Laxton ( that's me ) , Princeton James , Jerome Jackson , and Jamir Daniels . Man I just can't believe it the first year my homeboys and I all won homecoming court together we knew we was showing out this year so we had to gone and get us a date .

After a long day of trying to get different females to agree to let me take them to the dance this pretty , Carmel , tall pretty little thing with big lips and pink braces on her teeth walk up to me and say " you got a date to the dance , I said " Nawww shawty but look like I do now while twirling her around In a circle by my finger watching  her smile " she then grab my hand and start writing her number down for me to call her when I get home .

All excited I'm ready to get home and call this fine little thing only to get home with my lil brother in my arms and my sisters walking next by me making sure they don't lose me . We all start calling " mama mama " cause she usually be sitting on the sofa waiting for us to come home from school . So I put jayce down and I tell the twins to sit on the sofa while I look for mama I'm looking everywhere down to my bedroom , the kids bedroom , her bedroom the basement, then to the bathroom . I can't believe what I walk in the bathroom and see , I just got to be dreaming , this ain't right man I quickly tell myself " go back down the hallway and try again  Jamal " ........