1

Japan staggered back from the group, clutching his head in pain. Germany, Prussia, and China ran towards him, only to be swiped at with a gleaming katana. 

"STAY AWAY! DON'T COME ANY CROSER!!" Japan yelled. The 3 countries stopped and China attempted to talk with Japan. 

"Japan, you're not making any sense, aru! Come over here and talk to me, aru." China tried to reason. 

"China, it's no use. He's scared, and you going moving toward him isn't going to help him." England said, refusing to look worried (like the tsundere he is!). 

China looked back and forth between England and his brother. He sighed and his eyes lingered on his pained brother, before turning away and walking back towards the group. Russia looked at Japan and pointed out his eyes.

"I do not think we are speaking to Japan any longer." Russia spoke up. "Look at his eyes." He sighed. everyone looked towards Japan and saw, that, instead of the familiar chocolate brown irises, they saw unfamiliar red ones filled with panic, confusion, and betrayal.

"Yeah! He's acting like that Hermit dude when we first came here!" America added. 

"Is- is that BLOOD?" Canada asked, alerting the group that he was there. They saw bright red blood running down their friend's cheeks and the small asian country started backing away from the group. 

"Quick! Grab him before he gets away!" Canada yelled, and Germany and Prussia sprinted to grab the frighted country. Right as they grabbed Japan, his ninja reflexes kicked in and stabbed the Germans and disappeared in a flash of light.

"Damn, he got away." England mumbled as China ran after his little brother. Russia grabbed the older nation's arm, and pulled him into a comforting hug. The 4,000+ year old nation sobbed into the large, terrifying nation's arms, and Russia comforted him as the former sunk to the ground in tears. 

Japan was long gone and was wondering aimlessly around the ruins of the Castle of Black. He remembered what Moon had told him before running away when the strangers startled them. His sword would release him from his current form and that it'd be easier that way. Hermit was in a state of constant grief and depression, so he constantly looked at his sword and considered making that choice.

Hermit stayed like this and watched as his strange white uniform was stained red from his tears. Hermit looked around and tried to find something of his that wasn't destroyed in the destruction of his domain, but there was nothing. Not even the sprinkler that had kept him happy with Justice for so long. 

Just thinking about Justice and his fate was something that Hermit thought of often. He was inching closer and closer to using his sword to escape from this form and join Justice in the afterlife.