First Hour

"I don't get it." Tracy shakes her head and sets her mug down. "You work late every night now." She sniffles.

"I have to provide for this family while you sit on your ass." Steve raises his voice making Tracy flinch.

Katie sighs and shuts her door behind her. She was tired of hearing them argue. She couldnt take much more. She awkwardly walks down the stairs and her parents both smile. Katie rolls her eyes and sits at the table eating her moms cooking.

"Do you ever wear anything other than black?" Kye, Katie's youmger brother, walks in and starts eating cereal.

"Do you ever stay out of my buisness?" Katie asks and rolls her eyes.

"Alright You two." Steve sets his coffe down on the table and yawns. "I'll be working late tonight but I'll see you tomorrow before school." He takes his keys and walks out.

Katie rolls her eyes and stands up. "C'mon." Katie says grabbing her bag.

"Is it not too early?" Tracy asks sadly. She wanted to spend time with the only people keeping her sane.

"I have to go to the gym to get something i left yesterday."

Kye stands up and walks to Tracy and kisses her cheek.

"See You later mom."

"Yall be safe.'' She manages to smile and cries as soon as they walk out the door.

Katie and Kye get in her car and drive off.

"I hate that dads how he is." Kye says sighing.

"Me to. Dads a douche." Katie pulls into a parking spot and gets out.

"Maybe they will fix things." Kye saus hopeful.

"Maybe." Katie says, not wanting to ruin his hopefulness. She smiles sympathetically as he walks off to class.

Katie sighs and walks towards the gym. The gym was her hideaway. She walks under the bleachers and starts rolling a joint.

"This is the only empty place right now." One guy walks in.

"They have a teachers meeting in an hour." Ome whispers.

"Why are you whispering?" The third guy hits his shoulder.

"What if someones in here?"

Katie puts her joint down and watches them.

"We need to be careful. Remember we are only going after the highschool." The leader says.

"Hey is that smoke?" The third one ppints towards the bleachers.