A critical element in determining the choice of external testing agency!

In today's competitive world, to stay ahead in research and innovation or even entering the market first, one needs exhaustive testing and quality standards. A lot of times projects face setbacks due to limitations in the availability of resources to carry out analytical testing. More and more institutions are thus relying on external agencies to fulfilling their requirements. 

An internet search result shows an endless list of possible testing agencies. The choice of the appropriate laboratory thus becomes very tricky. There are various approaches that can be followed while selecting an external agency. This article would focus on determining the correct laboratory based on the quality of data requirements.

There are several factors that determine good quality data from external laboratories. The primary important thing is the instrument quality at the laboratory. Periodical checkups of instruments, procedures followed for regular calibrations, standards used for setting parameters are of extreme importance to ensure precise data. 

Another important factor is testing standards and procedures followed. Both of these impact the quality of data to a greater extent. The actual performance of any instrument cannot be harnessed until the correct analytical procedure is followed. This could lead to improper interpretation of results, causing a complete failure of a project or a product. Having the right testing standard is equally important, as this would determine the acceptability of the data and applicability of results in the actual scenario. 

The next factor to be considered is the specification development and transferring this information to the external laboratory. It is critical to communicate exact requirements to the laboratory and imperative that these specifications are strictly adhered to, while determining the tests as well as while interpreting the results.

The certification of the laboratory/ external agency also determines the quality of data. This could be a decision making factor depending on the project requirements. Some markets and regions demand specific certifications and accreditations for a successful product launch. Hence these requirements should be checked with the external testing agency in advance. 

Although the above factors are not exhaustive, this could be one of the approaches while selecting an external agency or before going ahead with collaboration. Contact Sprint Testing Solutions today to get information on how we can help you with your testing needs. 

For more information visit https://www.sprinttesting.com online.