Varun Naidu used problem solving initiatives for community concerns

Managing the Traffic Section, Vulnerable Sector, Community Policing, Victim Services, Community Relations, and School Liaison Units, Varun Naidu has formerly served as the inspector in charge of Operational Support Branch. Being into the Delta Police Department, he served as the member of Criminal Investigation Branch where he conducted drug and major case management.

Varun started his career in operational policing with Patrol Division where he responded to the calls for the services as well as conducted investigations. He came forward with problem solving initiatives in an attempt to address the community concerns. He supervised the constables and provided them with the guidance and leadership on all the investigative and operational matters.

Serving Delta Police Department for years, Varun oversaw 200 sworn officers, 73 support staff, and over 200 volunteers. Above all, he operated an annual budget of 34 million dollars. As the part of the management team, he worked collaboratively with Delta Police Association and the Canadian Union of Public Employees.

As the former sergeant in Delta Police Department, Varun Naidu supervised seven constables in the areas of drug investigation. It included indoor marijuana grow operations and drug trafficking. Serving as a supervisor, he provided oversight on all the investigations and developed strategies with team to reduce the impact of drugs in the community through education, enforcement, and community partnership.

Overall, Varun Naidu holds a proven track of record of leading teams to meet the strategic direction of an organization through change management. Apart from change management, he is highly competent in leadership, investigations, conflict resolution, report writing, court testimony, emergency management, and team building.

Regarding his education credentials, Varun graduated from the University of British Columbia with Bachelor of Education. Pertaining to the awards he has received, he won the Oliver Thompson Memorial Award at the Police Academy.

Varun spends his free time watching sports especially NFL. Apart from this, he is a gym lover and has travelled a lot along with his family. Best of all, he will soon join the Porsche club and is quite fond of reading and watching movies.