1

Taehyung

I watch as a boy in a white t-shirt and ripped jeans enters the abandoned convenience store across the street. He brings in a few boxes, cans of paint, brushes, and IKEA shelves.

After selling several articles of clothing, I close my fashion store for lunch. No one comes in now, anyway. And it's only me and Jinsoul that work here. It's my lone shift today.

I sit by the window to watch the abandoned store. Soon the windows are cleaned off, the old store sign is removed, and the inside is full of paint tape and half-done walls. The same boy who I seen enter originally looks out the window, and we make eye contact. I redden in the eyes of the attractive young boy.

My alarm goes off with a loud "BARMP" sound, and a construction truck shows up in front of the boy.

I jump up to reopen the shop, named VStyle in loud white letters outside, and begin cleaning off tables and reorganizing clothes.

I push our special Gucci and peaceminusone items into the windows, beside the K-Pop merchandise clothing  stand, and the most expensive VStyle clothes.

I switch to our "Open" sign, and customers begin entering at a rapid pace. After arguing with a customer about the price of our velvet high heels, selling over 70 items, and kicking someone out, I get to close the shop.

I put the cages over the windows and doors, lock everything up, and get in my car. An old Volkswagen Beetle, and drive to Walmart to pick up Hoseok and Yoongi.

"I'm telling you, it is so annoying working here! That Karen was someone who I could've just slapped! Trying to tell me how to do my job - How do you get all the good customers?" Yoongi gets in the front seat, grumbling to his boyfriend of one year, Hoseok.

"Everyone just knows that I'm nicer than you! You're so emotionless! Smile, say hello, ask how people's days are!" The sunshine of our friend group answers, smiling brightly.

"I'm no therapist." Yoongi responds, huffing.

Hoseok just rolls his eyes from the backseat, where he places his and Yoongi's bags.

I start home, used to the grumbling and sunshineyness of the two. It's like an oxymoron of relationships. I still wonder how they even got attracted to eachother. They're exact opposites, yet somehow they work together so well.

I pull into our apartment building, taking my bags from the trunk to do paperwork.

Still talking, Yoongi and Hoseok follow me to our shared apartment on the top floor. At first me and Hoseok lived together to deal with the expense, and when Yoongi started working, we found out he couldn't afford to live in his apartment, so we convinced him to stay with us, the first five months free of charge to get him back on his feet. From there, love bloomed. Or dug itself out of a six foot hole, in Yoongi's case.

I go into my office, doing the paperwork and ordering Red Velvet merchandise. I hear Hoseok watching RuPauls Drag Race, and Yoongi fiddling with pots and pans, probably cooking something.

I get lost thinking about the boy. He looked so young, and what could he possibly be selling? There were so few boxes, I hope he ordered more. And that old store had a lot of problems. Once there was an infestation of rats, next the water pipes broke, then a wall cracked (which someone fixed). How is he even going to make it, with the amount of shopping competition in the area? I only made it because of my friendship with Rosè, who asked G-Dragon to set me up with his brand. Unless that boy had some good ties, or a really unique concept, he wasn't going to be very strong business wise.

He wasn't very professionally dressed, so I assume it's nothing like I have, and he would have brought in tables if it was a restaurant. Maybe tomorrow I'll see what it is. I work the afternoon shift, so I can check. And maybe if I think I can help him, I will. Everyone needs a little help sometimes.

-