Prolougue

"We can't continue, we're killing people!"

"But sir, the cause-"

"Do you want the outsiders to find out?

"No sir..."

Muffled yelling rang through the cold, damp air of the cell. The leaders of the family must be quarrelling again, after what happened to ██████. Her screams of pain and blood spewing from her insides are still freshly engraved into my mind. Shuddering, I tried to put myself back to sleep, wondering if I would be next.

[UNKNOWN AMOUT OF TIME LATER]

"Libitina!"

The blinding slits of light pierced through my eyelids, instinctively flinging them open. It was The Head, pointing rays of light from a torch into my eyes.

What's he gonna do to me? Am I the next subject?

The mere thought of how █████ was sent there and never to be seen again crumbled me down into a crying fit. I started hearing the faint echo of her screams of pain in my mind, sending me shiverring to the corner of my cell. Picking up a small, sharp pebble from the cold, unforgiving floor, I began digging it through my arm to numb my fear.

"Libitina, it's ok. We're releasing you back to your family!" The Head flickered the light off and tried to comfort me.

"Calm down, Libitina. We're releasing you..." The Head trailed off, grabbing me by the arm and dragging me to the entrance of the lab, a place I haven't seen since I was thrown in.

Before he let me out to my worried family, he crouched down and looked me in the eye.

"Remember the Third Eye," he whispered tenderly before standing up and swinging open the doors to freedom.