Prologue

It only takes one flicker to light the fire. If in the first place, you've known how enormous the blaze would be, would you still light the match?

"Rye! It's so nice to see you again!" nakipagbeso ako sa kanya.

"No! It's so nice to see you back! Let me see you. Make a twirl!" he exclaimed.

Umikot ako at ngumiti sa kanya.

"Grabe! Still sexy! Lalong na-enhance ang katawan mo, dear!" aniya.

"Thank you!" sabi ko at dumiretso na ako sa dressing room para makapagbihis. Pagkalabas ko ay may suot muna akong robe, lumapit sa akin ang isang manicurist.

Nire-retouch ako habang nilalagyan ng holographic french tip ang nails ko.

Nice! First shot pa lang, ang ganda na!" the photographer said with amusement.

"Give me more poses, dear!" he said with a deafening tone.

As I was kneeling on the couch, I managed to lift my chin up, exchanged poses while remaining fiercer with my lips parted and one brow up.

Since this is a lingerie shoot, I am wearing a sexy red two piece.

"Perfect! I love it! Okay, that's a wrap!" Rye clapped when the photographer announced.

"Wren! You were so amazing out there!" ani Rye pagkalapit ko sa kanya.

"Thanks!" I smiled.

"Guess what? May tumawag sa akin from a famous magazine and they want you to be their cover for the September issue! Take it! It's a good break, I mean, hindi katulad ng mga bigating break mo but might as well consider it?" tumaas ang kanyang kilay, naghihintay sa sagot ko.

This life is not what I have always imagined. My life was way better before. When I was younger. I have dreamt of being an interior designer with lots of infrastructures and houses to decorate. But the odds may not always seem to be in favor of me. That's life; you do not always get what you want. Sa isang pangyayari, nag-iba na ang mundo ko. Iniwan ako ng mga taong mahal ko. I almost gave up. Almost. But at least, Zephyr keeps me going and I have decided to be happy and contented with what I have.

"Okay. I will." I smiled at him.

"Great! See you, dear! Just check your card for today's shoot!" tumango ako.

After kong magbihis ay nagtanggal na ako ng makeup, isinuot ang aviators kong halos natatakpan ang kalahati sa mukha ko at naglakad na patungo sa sasakyan.

I have two body guards surrounding me plus Rye, my personal agent.

I must admit, gwapo si Rye pero gwapo rin ang gusto. I laughed at that thought. Madalas kaming mapagkamalang mag-on. Knowing how he dresses up, he screams masculinity. He is tall having a refined jaw pero may pusong babae.

Pinagbuksan ako ng aking driver at nagtungo kami sa company. Sinalubong ako ng sekretarya ko. I am already managing my business at the same time, I am a model.

I never imagined that I'll be like this. Famous, Rich, and a Bitch. To be honest, I just want a simple and happy life without toxicity. I just wanted a happy life with the person I loved who turned out to be the person that I loathe the most. He turned out to be the person that he said he will never be.

"Ma'am Wren, your bestfriend called, she said that she's been trying to call you for so many times and she never got an answer." bungad niya habang ako ay diretso lang ang lakad at kita ko ang mga trabahador na umiiwas sa dadaanan ko.

"I was in the middle of a photoshoot, what do you expect?" I reprimanded her.

"I apologize, ma'am. Sasabihin ko na lang po sa kanya." yumuko siya at pinagbuksan ako ng pinto sa office ko.