Everything burns

1

Within the confusion and fear i had begun to see the patterns in the asylum.

The keepers brought me three meals a day, and the nights were sleepless as i had heard screams from tortured victims of society. While solitary confinement may seem highly unfortunate, it had its benefits. I got free food and a place to sleep. But what most amused me was the fear i could sense in the keepers. I had been locked away under the surface of the earth with the title of being the most dangerous man alive. They locked me in the most secure asylum in the world. The most remote place in the world. It was more of a prison than an asylum. It went down 400 floors in the earth. The height of it outside was only one story. The keepers, the prison keepers and guards all feared that one day i would decide to be free, decide that i was just done with being locked away, and leave. The puppet masters of the world believe they can keep me here, but the prison guards and keepers of this asylum know that i could leave this place at will and slaughter who i pleased.

The days are long, and the nights are cold. The food is terrible, but hey what could i expect from prison food. I hope it isn't much longer before i may be freed by my brothers. I am in here by choice, to play a show for the puppet masters, to manipulate the manipulators. Let them think they have won then at their last calm breath before they die, reveal that defeat was their only option. People might say that is a morbid and horrible thing, but i think it to be more beautiful and graceful than anything else.

One of the keepers came on a november night to interrogate me about some terrorism act, and for some odd reason he thought i was the mastermind behind it, i was flattered, but i explained to him that if i chose to i could release myself and leave and do all i wished, he locked me even further down after i told him such things, for he feared me.

That night was the beginning of a new searching era. I had survived in the asylum for one hundred and fifty years unharmed and untouched, waiting, watching, listening. And the sign i had waited for finally came.

The keeper burst through my room with five guards and the best military armor at the time. They took me up in their arms and forcefully carried me to an interrogation room with the gunmen standing at all doors and corners. They sat me down in a singular metal chair and chained my arms and legs to the floor. And there i uncomfortably waited for something extraordinary to happen, i was deeply disappointed.

A man wearing a black suit and tie swaggered in the room, he had a narrow face with thin lips and dark grey eyes, his hair was long, black, and slicked back. He pulled up a chair from a corner of the room and sat in it facing me. He plopped a few pictures on the table of murder sites.

"hello Mr. Jester" the man said in an arrogant falsely intimidating tone

"hello keeper, what a fine day it is wouldn't you say?"

"yes, but i am here to speak of business, not the beautiful day"

"hmm after one hundred and fifty years of being locked up, don't you think i wouldn't be interested in business anymore?"

"well, this kind of business is different. Its a terrorism act, one quite similar to yours Jester."

"Alas, i have not seen the light of day for three centuries, why are you coming to me about this?" the keeper leaned back in his chair uneasily, pondering how this man has lived for so long

"you see, no one has the brainpower to do this, except for you."

"oh, im flattered."

"this is not a joke, the murders were performed by you and only you jester"