Jesus and the Left Brain vs. The Right Brain

The theory is that people are either left-brained or right-brained, meaning that one side of their brain is dominant. If you're mostly analytical and methodical in your thinking, you're said to be left-brained. If you tend to be more creative or artistic, you're thought to be right-brained. (from Google)

Jesus was a right-brained Messiah. He loved people and enjoyed talking to them.

The Old Covenant was left-brained: concrete, external rules for a natural world.

But it did not change the heart. Not appreciably.

Jesus is a right -brained Messiah and his teachings of the matthew 5 beatidudes indicate that he believed that the principles of love, peace, being a peacemaker, forgiving those who hurt you, non-violence and mercy were the ways to get to God's heart and be like God Our Heavenly Father

Jesus also stated that if you become a right-brained person like Him, a loving person like Him, that would take care of the left-brained rules too.

Love is the fulfilling of the law Paul--once Saul the persecutor and killer of Christians--wrote.

You got the internal loving internal down pat; you will be perfect outside in all your ways.

The Pharisees had the externals down pat...apparently...but Jesus said that the inside, their hearts--were full of dead things. Corruption and hatred.

How sad for them.

How sad for religious people.

They are happy with their idols to God, keeping God at arm's length and never bothering to think: is this what God wants from me. To have a couple of beliefs, throw some money into the pot and I'm good to go.

Is that a relationship with Our Heavenly Father?

Really?

Is that all you want?

Really? really?