When We Meet Again

Those words that were once so useless it seemed, now echo through the depths of my mind with so much meaning.

The smell of your clothes, the sound of your voice, the love in your eyes, all means so much to me now. As it was once like the present and no doubts in my mind that you would be gone. Not someday, not when your a hundred, but too soon for me to grasp.

Your sickness was bittersweet but the last moments I had with you was like a flower blooming in the spring, the admiration of its beauty, but knowing it'll soon fade away.

Your laugh was like sunshine shining down on my face,  feeling the warmth of its love shining down on me. Not expecting it to ever go away. Waking up day after day to find it there. Isn't that the way it's supposed to be with daddys?

No I'm afraid.

Life and Death. Spring and Winter. Love and Hate. They all hold places in our lives. We'll know them all sooner or later.

What a time it will be when death is no more. When life springs forth from the ground, and nothing can take it away.

What a time it will be when we're all together once again. No pain, no sorrow. No fear of the unknown..

What a time it will be when your eyes meet mine again.
When your laugh becomes the only noise I'll ever want to hear.
And when I give you a hug I won't let go.
I'll find rest there. Right beside you forever.

I love you Dad.