Chapter 1

Melody's POV:

"Seriously Kelly?" I huffed. "You're hopeless" i say to my best friend as we walk down the halls of the school.

"But why?!" Kelly asked. "They are hot. I'm sure you would want to date one of them" she says.

"I'm sure i would want to" I said.

My name is Melody Parker i am 18 years old. I'm in year 12 in Holmes Chapel. I have short brown hair and hazel eyes. I live with my parents and my brother James. Hard to believe I'm the most popular girl being a straight A student. I love to sing. Mum and James say I have an incredible voice. My dad doesn't support me in anything. He abused me since i was 4, neither mum and James know. My family has big money, we're pretty much rich. But I don't really care about the money. When I graduate I want to go to The X Factor to become a singer.

"But there're so hot!" Kelly dramatically fanned herself with her hand.

"There're just guys. Plus there're a bad influence"I rolled my eyes. Kelly really has a thing for bad boys, especially to the five bad boys at our school. "Keep dreaming, Kells." I said as I close my locker.

We both walk down the hall and find our classrooms. As I enter I see nothing but students, obviously. "Melody, please take a seat" my teacher, Mr. Cartwell says to me. I nod and sit down next to Kelly.

Kelly was my best friend, she's always been there for me. She has long blonde hair with green eyes. Jessica and Katy are our friends too. Jessica has black hair with bright blue eyes, as for Katy, she has long light brown hair with light brown eyes.

"Mr. Styles you're late again" Mr. Cartwell says. I look up see that curly haired green-eyed boy.

"Yeah" he shrugs and my eyes widen at his behavior. How can he just say that?!

"You have detention at 4:00 this afternoon." Mr. Cartwell says. "Now please take a seat." Harry fully enters the classroom and takes the seat in front of Kelly and I.

"Told you he is hot" Kelly whispers. I just ignore her and pay attention at the teacher.

"Okay, so you all know we have a singing contest next month. You either have to sing solo or pair up with someone. Since all of you had a problem with that, luckily for you, I have the whole thing made up." the teacher says. "So, I have here, Dylan is doing solo" Dylan is a boy in my classroom. I hope I don't have to pair. "Kelly and Jessica are performing together" he said another few more and the ones left were me and Harry. God, I hope I perform solo. "And lastly Melody, you'll be with Harry." WHAT?!
Seriously?! Oh. My. God. This can't be happening.

*********
Melody's POV:

"Wow! I wasn't expecting that one" Jessica said as we ate lunch at the table. We were talking about the contest.

"And you think i was?!" I hissed. "He's Harry freaking Styles. The school's bad boy!" i still can't believe Mr. Cartwell paired me up with Harry.

"Maybe he isn't that bad... Who knows?" Kelly said/asked.

"Not that bad?" I looked at her. "He is nothing but trouble"

"Come on Mel, give him a chance" Katy said. I looked at her and raised my eyebrow. "Kelly is right; maybe he isn't that bad."

"Fine, I'll give him a chance. But he better be good." I said, finally giving Harry a chance.

******
Melody's POV:

I was at my locker putting my books away so I can go home. When I closed my locker I was startled. "God, don't do that!" I said seeing Harry by my locker.

He chuckles. "I'm sorry" he said causing me to look at him. "Anyway, when can we start rehearsing?"

"Um, I don't know" I said as I looked into those green eyes. "Maybe tomorrow? Does that sound good?" I asked.

"Sure. My house or yours?" he asks. And i think for a moment. It's better his house, I don't want my dad to see him and hit the shit out of me for bringing a boy home.

"Uh, yours." I finally said.

"Okay tomorrow at my house. Be there at four." and with that he walked away. I didn't got a chance to reply.