It's better like that (Sugarie)

"Is something wrong, Mon Ami?" The masked merchant inquired as Batter walked into his shop, a solemn look on his face.

The Batter looked towards him and clenched his teeth, "Nothing's wrong, I need a new bat"

"Why's that? Your bat was supposed to last until the next Zone, what happened to it?"

"..why does it even matter? Don't you want me to buy your stuff so that you can get more credits?"

"Ha ha ha, I'm just curious as to what kind of phantom is capable of breaking a bat such is yours," Zacharie took a bat out from his backpack, just like the one Batter had lost.

"It... Wasn't a spectre...." Batter breathed. There was something he wasn't telling the merchant. But what could it be?

"Hmm? What was it then? A burnt?"

The Batter shook his head and looked Zacharie straight in the eyes of his mask, "Zacharie. Sucre is dead. She told me to tell you goodbye for her.."

The merchant stepped back a bit, his mouth visibly agape under his frog mask, "Oh.." He sounded quite baffled, "... I guess it's.. Better.. Like that..."

With that, the Batter left the credits on the table for the bat and left, noticing the tears falling from Zacharie's face as he went.

---------------------

Sorry this first one is short, I've had this in my notes for a while now so I just copied and pasted it in. But anyways go ahead and request stuff guys owo