Part 34. Diamonds.

*A few months later*

I was sitting on my bed, reading a book

I was sitting on my bed, reading a book. I had my glasses on and was so lost that I didn't heard grandpa calling my name.

"Y/n!" I heard his voice again which made me got on my feet and run downstairs.

While doing so I saw him sitting on the couch and beside him was Mark who gave me a sweet smile.

I smiled back and went in for a hug, yeah he asked me out and I accepted. There was no reason for me not to...

He's everything that a girl would want, he respects me, takes care of me and supports me no matter what I do.

"When did you arrive?" Furrowing my eyebrows I sat beside grandpa.

"With me" Grandpa beat him through it and answered first.

"Alright I'll give you kids some privacy but don't get too excited little man" He walked away before giving Mark the 'danger eyes' making him gulp in fear.

"Okay so all of a sudden you're here?"

"You forgot?" He asked.

"About what?" I checked my cellphone to see if I had anything on schedule today.

"We were suppose to go shopping for our engagement rings"

"Oh...yeah"

Right...

I'm getting engaged to him. That's what we do with the people we love, isn't it?. I gave him an apologetic smile but he waved his hand in reassurance.

"It's alright babe. I understand you have been crazy busy with your new line launching in Korea" He gave me a small peck on my right cheeks before he got closer to sit right next to me.

"Thanks for being so understanding with me Mark. I know I haven't been in the right state of mind for the past few months-"

"I'm okay with it. As long as you're here with me, I'll make sure to make you forget all the bad past memories"

"You have me now y/n. And you have my parents too. We're soon gonna be bonded by our love, I just don't want to do it if you are not sure of all these"

"What?" I furrowed my eyebrows at him and he gave me a small sad smile.

"I know you haven't moved on at all from Jungkook, I can see it so if you want to-"

Before he could speak any further and before I felt any worst hurting him like this, I did the one thing I shouldn't have.

I kissed him right on the lips, just so he would feel better. Don't know what got over me but I hate myself so much.

There was no spark, no rapid beating of my heart, it was as if there was no beautiful feeling I felt while kissing him.

His hands were now placed on my waist as he pulled me closer to him. Soon after I pulled away, slightly tapping him on his shoulders.

Both of us were breathing heavily, I hadn't kissed him before, not on the lips. And I just did because I felt bad for him not because I felt something for him.

'Am I being selfish or stupid?'

"Woah...that was.." I turned towards him and saw blush covering his cheeks, he scratched the back his head and gave me a shy smile.

"Sorry. I must have-"

"It was amazing" He finally said breaking my chain of thoughts.

"Thankyou for trusting me with it. I'll make you the happiest girl y/n, I promise" He held both of my hands in his and looked at me with such sincere eyes.

"I'll try my best to make it up to you Mark" I sighed sadly but he gave me a positive nod.

"Take all the time you need and I'll be right beside you. To hold you whenever you get cold and need someone" He bopped my nose and giggled like a three year old.

"So I'll go and get ready" Quickly saying this I ran towards my room, shutting the door I grabbed my face and screamed silently.

"What the fuck have you done y/n!" I scolded my own self and got dressed while mentally punching myself.

"Ughhhh" Lightly patting my cheeks, I did minimal makeup and took my purse before I walked downstairs.

I looked at his figure while he was on his phone, scrolling through something. Walking in front of him I waved a little.

He gave me a very attractive smile and we bid goodbye to my grandparents and made our way towards his car.

He opened the door for me, thanking him, I sat inside and he did too.

"Okay so we need our dress and rings" I checked the list as he placed his hand on my tight.

Because of his sudden gesture my phone almost accidentally slipped from my hand but I held it tightly. His chuckle followed right after.

There was a sudden boost of confidence in his behaviour which made me feel a little bit weird. Deciding to just shrug it off, I went with it.

It wasn't as if he was forcing me, I'll make sure to involve myself fully in our relationship from now on.

After a while the car stopped moving and now that his hand was back to himself I could breathe normally again.

It was getting very suffocating to stay in the same place so I got out before he could even open the door for me.

"Woah, you okay?" He saw my weird self which was leaning over his car and fanning my face to calm down the redness in my cheeks.

"Yeah, couldn't be more better" I replied.

"Okay....so shall we?" He eyed the store which was in front of me and I nodded giving him a tight smile.

He placed his arm in the front for me to take, pushing down all the stupid inner thoughts, I held it.

Entering the store, their manager came running towards Mark and both of them shook hands until the guy brought us to a private area that was only for the VIP's.

Mark then introduced me to him.

"She is my soon to be fiancée so a beautiful diamond, I don't worry about the price. It just has to match her taste" My heart melted at every time he placed my choices before his but there was a guilt that kept creeping back every now and then.

'Should I stop this all before I break his heart even badly?'

Gulping down I shook myself mentally and decided to just accept it and try to love him back. Sooner or later I will fall for him.

"Will I?"