dentist.

Every year when I went to the dentist for a cleaning, she would put on fluoride. Every year she would say "No eating or drinking for a half hour". But lately, it's been strange. She's become more aggressive when cleaning, and telling me to leave the fluoride on longer.
"No eating or drinking for 2 hours." "No eating or drinking for 12 hours." "No eating or drinking for 24 hours."
"No eating or drinking for 48 hours."
"No eating or drinking for 96 hours. We can keep her here for the 4 days if you want to make sure she doesn't eat or drink."
After that last one, my mom told me to stop listening to the dentist, and just wait a half hour. The next day, my dentist office was on the news. "Pediatric Dentistry License Suspended: 3/4 of Patients Dead" "Employees at a pediatric dentistry are in police custody this week when authorities found bodies of children in the establishment. These children were found to be customers of this dentist. Upon autopsy, cause of death for most of these children was dehydration. Wait, what's that Frank? Breaking News! When interviewing some other parents from this dentistry, they said that their children almost died as well, until their parents gave in and gave them some water. They reported that the dentist told their children not to eat or drink for 96 hours after applying fluoride." So who knows, you might just be correct in fearing the dentist.