Tragic Love Story

I was running late for my first class, the hallway was already empty, all the students are now in their respective classrooms. As I ran in the school's hallway, I saw a man. My vision is blurry, but I can tell that it's a man. As he came closer, he started getting familiar, the physique, the scent, it's all too familiar. I turned ice cold when we both looked eye to eye for I have seen a ghost, a ghost from my past. It's him, my first love.

Nothing changed because I realized that I still get lost at his hazel brown eyes. As I stared at him lovingly, he returned my gaze coldly as if he regrets all the moments he spent with me.

Ouch

Even with a heavy heart I still kept on running until I reached my classroom. I can feel everyone's eyes on me as I entered our classroom. I carefully took my seat and looked at the whiteboard in front of me and I realized that our class adviser is already giving us orders for the Buwan ng Wika

"Lechon!" The boys at the back shouted
"Leche Flan for dessert!" A classmate of mine shouted from the back and I suddenly remembered that Leche flan was his favorite comfort food and with that my mind drifted back to the memory of us—when we spent two hours looking for Leche flan at 2 am around the city. I smiled remembering how happy we were at that time. It was like we have our own little world. We were so happy but little did I know that my happiness had a price.

I was brought back to reality when Ivy poked me and asked if I was okay, I nodded to her as a response. I looked at my phone and it took a lot of my willpower to stop myself from unblocking him and beg him again to go back to me.

He's like a pirate, loves sailing the sea, explore the great unknown and look for treasures in every land he would step in while I am just a woman who can never make a pirate like him stay at a dry land.

I'm like the shore, I'm always here for him but he is the raging waves because he comes and goes to me every time just to hurt me, he seems to be confident that I will always be here for him. And just like the ocean, my love for him is deeper than the love that I have for myself.

I love him but this isn't what a woman like me deserves. It pained me to leave but I am a treasure; a diamond. I deserve to be treated better and loved right. I left out relationship and I broke my own heart for loving someone like him.

I excused myself and went to the restroom but fate seemed to be playing with me because as I turned left, I saw him again he was leaving the faculty office with papers on his hands. Seeing him again made me realize that I have to break my own heart to calm my soul and that sometimes we need to make a selfish decision to save ourselves from getting burned by the same flame twice.

I smiled bitterly as I realized that I have grown. I grew from the pain even after everything that happened between the two of us, I am thankful that I met him because without him, I wouldn't have grown into a woman this strong.

Goodbye, I love you.