Relapse

A/N: WARNING: INCLUDES SERIOUS TRIGGERS.

I do own my OC and plotline.

One Month Later.

There is always the risk of relapsing, it hangs over our heads on a daily basis, taunting us to fall back into the darkness of which we've escaped. I knew that Sebastian had a tainted past but I didn't know just how bad it was. I wish I had because maybe I would have been able to stop his latest relapse.

XOX

I am standing by his bed now, cursing myself for not seeing the signs. How had I not have noticed him becoming more and more depressed? Was I truly so wrapped up in my own happiness that I didn't notice my boyfriend become more and more distant from me?

I avert my gaze from his weary face, hoping to find something to focus on that won't upset me further but everything does. All I can see are the wires attached to various equipment measuring his heart rate, oxygen levels and providing him with the needed medicines to keep him alive. How could he have done this to himself?

What angers me the most is the face that he didn't feel as of he could talk to me about what he was going through.

I met his friend Chris for the forst time last night. I had to hear from him about Sebastian's troubled past. I was so shocked to discover how little I knew of Sebastian's life before we met. He had only told me so much, where as I had told him everything that had happened to me pre-therapy.

I analyse the body lying before me. My gaze drifts over his soft brown hair that is mated with dried blood. The perfect, chiselled face that is mottled with bruises and the beautiful body is marred with scars and cuts.

Sebastian, oh Sebastian. Why did you have to do this to yourself?

I sit on the edge of the hospital bed, the nurse will soon be arriving to administer more Morphine. I place a kiss on his forehead, a tear running down my cheek. More and more tears fall. I can't stop them. I am crying because he was suffering when he did this to himself and there was nothing I could do.

A/N: QUESTION OF THE DAY: HOW DO YOU THINK VALERIAN IS GOING TO TRY AND CHEER SEBASTIAN UP?