Chapitre 1

The family car was moving slowly on the road due to the heavy rain. A family composed of a mother and her two daughters were on their way home and there was no one to be seen far and wide. Both of the girls were ten years apart one from the other. The eldest, called Sarah was arguing with her mother like they always do about the girls' father who was gone for nearly one year.

"It's always the same with you, when things get hard, you just quit, dad wasn't like that." said Sarah to her mother.

"I'm not your Father Sarah, I'm not perfect! And you know why he isn't here anymore! He left for that other woman." replied the Mother in a harsh tone. Sarah let an ironic laugh escape her lips.

"That's a lie. He died one year ago, you told us the doctor said he died of an heart attack." To which the mother frowned her eyebrows in confusion, she was probably the one being wrong, she forgot about that with everything going on lately. Since a few months she's always stressed and on the verge of a breakdown, but keeps her mind free to not worry her youngest girl. The little girl called Ana was looking at them sadly and as her mother saw this in her rear-view mirror, she smiled at her.

"Ana, honey, do you want to sing a song with mommy?" asked the mother in the nicest voice she had all day. To which the girl nodded and started smiling again before they started to sing their song. Annoyed and not wanting to hear it, Sarah put her earphones back in her ears and let the others two sing alone, so the mother started.

"Hush, little baby, don't say a word...

Mama's gonna buy you a mockingbird..."

She paused a little bit giving it a quiet and relaxing tone before she carried on singing soon followed by her little girl.

"And if that Mockingbird don't sing...

Then Mama's gonna buy you a diamond ring..."

While singing she started to get dizzy, everything around her started to get blurry and even if she tried to keep her eyes open, her vision was fading slowly before this happened, she was saved by the cries of her daughters. She regained her vision in a matter of seconds and saw another car in front of them, she managed to put them back on the right side of the road and prevented them from a lethal accident. Her heart was pounding heavily in her chest and her hands were still shaking.

"It's ok! Everything's ok! Mommy's just got to take a break... I think we all need it."