A Hacker

MUKTI'S POV

I walked out of the ladies room after fixing my face roughly to mirror my passport photo. I can't be bothered to get dressed for an hour-long flight home. A pair of sunglasses and a well-fashioned scarf can do enough to rid me of perfecting my insecurities and to cover for my responsibility of mirroring a machine's emotional skills. I made my way past the main gate of my college to find my friends imitating hyenas at the tea spot. Today was officially the last day of college and with my graduation completed; I was all set to play the intimidation game with my parents, awaiting my arrival at my home. We were to discuss the future and that chat involved unnecessary complications just like my future.

"I think I did expect you to somehow turn into a stripper. But, graduation, I didn't think we would go that far."

"You are going to drive? And next, you will tell me you are going to work? The world is doomed in the hands of a modern woman."

Here we go again! Aliya was busy mimicking the Ex-Treasurer Uncle Vijay and his ridiculous notions and rules. He is an eccentric man and quite the character. He just has a problem in realizing it isn't the 1880s and no one appreciates his views on society anymore. Though, he is one of our devout supporters. His interest in keeping the monarchy alive astonishes me.

"I see we are doing this routine again. If only you would go on stage with it. You have got some good tags there." Aliya looked quite fed up with my efforts to get her to do this on stage.

"The setup is, well exceptional, and the punchline - quite relatable and with the royals in making cackling like hyenas, what more do you need to get it off the ground?" I tried yet again to convince her.

"Well, this is a very different audience than the ones I would go in front of and these hyenas have been bribed with enough booze for them to laugh at the holocaust.

"Now, don't ruin everyone's buzz with your soberness and let us drown in the nostalgia of leaving college." She said shushing me.

"Let's leave for the airport. Our flight is in three hours and it will take us at least two hours to reach the airport." I said rallying the group. Why did I have to be the sober and responsible one? Can't I just be sober and not responsible? Why do they go hand in hand?

"Mukti, fuck that, we can leave in 15 minutes, the flight is at 11 p.m. we have enough time. "

"What? It is fucking 9:50 p.m. right now? How the fuck will we get on the flight?" I screamed checking my watch.

"Chill Mukti, they aren't going to leave the Heir apparent to Athenia, even if you reach the next morning" Nandini said nonchalantly.

"You shut up. You told me the flight was at fucking one? How could you mess it up that bad, Nandini?" I pointed at her.

"I texted you, it was at 11, what are you talking about?" She said putting her phone in my face.

"It says 1."

"Well guys, you are wasting time arguing with each other, get in", Navya shouted rolling down the windows of her car. When she disappeared inside is a mystery to mankind. Aliya followed me into my car while Nandini got inside Navya's.

"Your Royal Highness" Rakesh bowed his head and opened the door for me and Aliya. It's weird forgetting the princess part sometimes. I nodded after an awkward pause and got inside.

It was ridiculous that because of our miscommunication and tomfoolery, 120 passengers will face delays and would have to adjust their schedules. I can't turn back time, but there is something that might help in minimising the damage. I opened my laptop and got to the list of passengers travelling with us.