Nurse.

"Can you take Friday off so I can work and then we can alternate the weekend to be here?" My mother asked, not looking up from her phone. "Barbara. This is the fourth day this week. I don't have many vacation days left this year." My father said, tired. Both of my parents were tired. They have been for the past fifteen years. And It's all my fault.

"I'm Sure I can survive a couple hours by myself without burning this place to the ground." I said. My parents sometimes forgot I was in the room when they got into these arguments. "Honey," my mom's eyes softened. "You shouldn't have to be alone. With what you are going through, I want to be with you all the time, but I can't." She finished. "Can we call Jennifer? Maybe She can stay with me?" I suggested. My dad shrugged. "I'll call." He said.

Within an hour, my older sister was in my room. "Wen!" She shrieked. "Hey Jenni." I responded. My parents kissed me goodbye and hugged us and went to work. "Okay. I brought all kinds of magazine's, pop, and junk food. And I have my debit card if we run out." She smiled evilly. My sister didn't come to visit me often because She was always at work or in class. With the short time I had with her, I valued the most. We sat in silence for a long time while She looked through a fashion magazine. "You know, it cost more for me to be alive than it would be for me to die." She stopped all body movements. Breathing included. "Wendy Alison Roberts." She used my full name. "Don't you think like that. Mom and dad love you so much, that they pay never ending hospital bills just so you will get better." She said, almost to the point of tears. "I'm Sorry. I shouldn't have said it." I said.

We stayed away from the subject for the rest of the day. My parents came around six. I talked them into going out to dinner and taking Jenni with them. They saw her as much as I did, so I wanted them to go somewhere other than the hospital cafeteria. I saw the discomfort on their faces as they left.

For the rest of the night I watched 'Real Housewives of New Jersey.' My mom hated these shows, But it was the most of the outside world as I could get. And I was going to take it.

I went to pick up my cup and my hand went numb. I dumped my water all down my front and dropped the cup. Then my body started to jerk. I couldn't control my arms or legs. I knew what was going on. I was having a seizure. And I was alone. My heart monitor was beeping like crazy. But I had to get to my help button. It was five feet away and I can't move. I blacked out.

I woke up a little later in my bed. My parents and my sister were by my side. I gave a weak groan, and they shot out if there seats. "Doctor! She's awake!" My dad yelled. The next thing I knew, I was being examined by a swarm of nurses and doctors. "It seems this one was caused by stress. Her body levels seem to be at a normal rate. But tell me Wendy, What is stressing you out?" My normal doctor, Doctor Adams, asked me. I shrugged. "I feel fine. I'm not stressed." I lied. He frowned. "It doesn't make sense. If it wasn't stress, then your brain is sending mixed signals to your body. This could be a problem." He stated.

He talked to my parents outside the room for a long time. When they came back in, my mothers eyes were red and puffy. My father was expressionless. "Wendy, we need to operate on your brain."

*******************************