Introduction: Alex Knights (This is a little boring, so heads up)

Alex shifted in her bed, hearing her alarm clock ring in her ears. "It's Saturday," she whined, slapping her hand on the off button. She pulled herself from bed, shaking her bleached white hair out of her face. She blinked, slowly rubbing her blazing green eyes.

"Why today of all days?" Alex groaned, and stood up. She went to the bathroom, grabbing a blue brush and straightening the mess on her head. She left the room and went back to hers. Her room was littered with video game consoles, game controllers, and cables. Her clothes were neatly in drawers, no wrappers anywhere. Just gaming materials.

She got dressed in slightly baggy jeans and a green xbox t-shirt. She put on her converse, lacing her headphones around her neck. She connected them to a phone, which she had stolen from a friend. She threw on a Super Mario Brothers hoodie, and fluffed her hair out around her shoulders.

She stepped down her stairs, carefully as to not wake her father, drunk and sleeping on the floor. He had been like this ever sinse her mother's death, drunk and lumbering about. Alex shook her head, clearing her thoughts and dashing to the sliding door leading to the cliff behind her house. Beyond that cliff a few yards across was a large lake, stretching along the inside of the wooded clearing.

Alex got outside, closing the door behind her. She pulled her headphones over her ears, and side-stepped away from the porch. She slid the phone out of her pocket, flipping on a random song. Technologic by Daft Punk. Alex shrugged, and shoved her phone in her pocket again.

As the music started up, she placed her hands in the pockets of her jacket, walking to the side of her house where the land started breaking off into the cliff. She slid down slowly, every now and then using a hand to support her. Once she reached the bottom, she brushed her hands off, humming along to the beat of her song. She looked around, then up at the cliff where her house sat.

She walked to the edge of the lake, where a dock was. The dock was old and beat up, but still stable enough to hold her weight. Alex breathed out shakily, and stepped onto the beggining of the dock. She began walking, constantly glancing down at the water below her. She pulled her headphones off her ears and hung it around her neck like she had before. "You can do this," She encouraged herself, but it wasn't the least bit comforting.

She bit her lip, near the end of the safe wood between herself and the water below her. She cast a look around her, in her mind she was surrounded by the water. She squeaked under her breath, and stopped. For at least two months now, Alex had walked down to the dock on certain times to practice getting close to water. She had terrible past with water, considering her mother had drowned and Alex had almost not made it out herself.

She turned and walked off the dock quickly, not being able to bring herself to face the lake any longer than that. She looked down, pulling the phone out and turning off the music. She clicked the off button, watching the screen go black. With that, Alex had ended her normal Saturday routine of getting up to face her fears.

Although she worked on destroying her eternal fear of water, she was still a coward to most things. If someone were to yell suddenly or tap their pen on a wall, Alex would jump or squeak. She was a pushover, letting people at her old school push her around like a lost puppy. She hated this, but she was too focused on her main fear of the lake outside her house. Anyone who stopped and gave Alex a hug or a pat on the head was considered a friend. Alex was shorter than most her age, being sixteen and only 4'10. She found nothing wrong with it, but according to the people at her old school, it was bad.

Alex sighed and took her hands out of her pockets, climbing the slanted rocks up to her home. Once reaching the top, she brushed her hands off again, and went back inside. She quickly padded up the steps, into her room, and closing the door behind her. She locked it firmly, makig sure no uninvited guest would wander in. There was a white cat that wandered the neighborhood, and Alex had taken a liking to it. Unfortunately, the little guy was loud when he mewled, and once awoke her father.

Alex placed the phone and headphones on her dull blue bed sheets, sitting next to the items to remove her shoes. As she placed them neatly on the floor by her bed, she thought about what game to play next. She had played Super Smash Brothers, Metroid Prime, some Transformers and Godzilla, now what to play next? She looked over her games, seeing two stick out to her. One was a game Alex had made herself, but it was a work in progress. The game was titled 'Her World.'

She made up her mind, kneeling down by her shelf of games and picking up the second game she had stared at. Poke'mon Red, one of her favorites. Recently she had accidently cleared her save files while in an angered mood, and regretted it deeply. She had three legendary Poke'mons, and decided now was the best time to get them back. She slid the game out, and grabbed her DS. She had a silver GameBoy, but she had lost the charger a while ago.

Nodding to herself, she flipped the game on, and put her head on her pillow. For hours after that, she lay unmoving on her bed, running around the game. She felt a little uneasy while playing, but she guessed it was just because of how far out she had been on the dock today. Her lips played a soft smile, and she sat up, placing the device on her knees. Alex grabbed a small journal, scribbling down how far she had been to the edge. She placed the journal back, and resumed playing her game.

Today was nothing unusual, she said to herself, nothing has happened, why should I worry? It took until now for poor Alex to realize she had stepped on the game she had been playing last night trying to get to her DS. She had stepped on The Legend Of Zelda, Majora's Mask. The game had glitched and drowned Link many times, sending Alex into a state of shock.

That plain, boring Saturday morning by the docks had made BEN Drowned quite curious of Alex. Cowardly Alex Knights had a few tricks up her sleeves, even though she wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

This is about Alex and BEN figuring each other out, contemplating the other's past. As BEN puts unfortunate Alex through the worst game of her life, she finds more and more information on the glitch. This is me, Shadow Dark, telling Alex's story.

All Alex Ever Really Had To Do To Survive Was Play Along.

______________________________________________

I tried, and most likely failed XD I'm not using big words all the time, just as a heads up. I've written this story before, but rewrote it dedicated to Spottedwing01 since she was my main inspiration. Hope you enjoy!

~ ShadowCrawlers