Prologue

Alice sprinted through the woods. She had to escape Wonderland. She couldn't raise her child here. She'd sooner die than let that happen!

She let her hand rest on her stomach as she ran, but then jerked her hand away. No one here could ever know that she was pregnant. The trees had eyes, and the last person she wanted to know about her unborn child was the Queen of Hearts.

Tears stung as they threatened to escape down Alice's face. Through the bleariness, she saw a small ball of white on the ground beside her. She knew if anyone knew the way out, it would be the White Rabbit.

She let him take the lead, and sooner rather than later, she saw it up ahead. A rabbit hole. She didn't have time to think about it.

Alice jumped and fell down the rabbit hole, not knowing what would meet her at the bottom.

**********

28 Years Later

"Read it again!" Celia sang as she clapped her hands together and giggled.

"Darling, it's late. You need to sleep," her mother told her. She said the same thing to her daughter every night, and every night Celia had a way of making her 'read it again'.

All Celia had to do was give her 'the look', like she was giving at this precise moment.

"Oh... all right! But, this is the last time." She started reading again.

Celia loved hearing the stories out of the book her grandmother wrote. The tales of the White Rabbit and the Mad Hatter. The Queen of Hearts and the thunder hounds. Good versus evil. How Alice escaped, and therefore ending the story.

Her grandmother wrote the most wonderful books, but her stories of Wonderland were always Celia's favorite.