The New Normal

I do not own any of the Scooby Doo characters

It had been about 6 months since the gang had defeated the gaggle of old monsters from their past coming back to life and unmasked the wicked Heather Jasper Howe as the greater evil threatening the entire town of Coolsville. The gang has unintentionally taken a break from mystery solving and monster hunting, as there really haven't been any monsters to hunt or mysteries to solve. Everything was quiet, blissful, normal for the gang for the first time in what seemed like years.

Fred and Daphne have been living in their bubble as always. The honeymoon phase never really seems to end for those two. But like every couple they struggle. Between Fred's apparent intimacy issues (which Daphne finds herself getting frustrated with more often than not), and Daphne's need for materialistic things, the two do not always mesh well much to the surprise of others.

Velma and Patrick have been busy exploring their new relationship, learning everything about one another. Patrick could see how high up Velma's walls were, and he's spent the past 6 months really getting to know her more vulnerable side, the side she hides from the world. Velma was not at all receptive to Patrick for the first month and a half of their relationship but his frustration with her was becoming more and more apparent, so eventually she let go; afraid she would lose him.

Shaggy and Scooby have been up to nothing but their usual antics, eating, napping, eating more, napping some more, and really just taking things day by day. Nothing too out of the ordinary for these two scaredy-cats, they miss the gang no doubt, but Shaggy knows with everyone in relationships they just don't have the time for him anymore. Everyone kept in touch, but it was nothing like it was before. They barely ever saw each other except for the occasional run-in at the Coolsville Grocery or passing in traffic.

There was no bad blood, just empty space.