Chapter 1

Sunkit raises her voice to a loud sound "WAKE UP!" Snowkit grumpily lifts her head "What?" "Remember? Today is the day Ebonykit earns her paw name!"

"Oh, right..." Snowkit yawned.. "Well are ya gonna just sit there? Get up! Wouldn't you want Poppyflower's kits see you when you become an apprentice....Right..?" Sunkit asked.

"Fine I will get up as soon as the dawn patrol leaves."

The two kits padded up and out of the bramble opening. Dapplestar was talking as the kits ran out.. "Woah...what's going on?" Snowkit asked. "I think it is a meeting." Sunkit meowed "For what?" Snowkit mewed. "Apprentice meeting, you mouse-brain!" Sunkit teased.

The kits wandered around and saw Ebonykit, and Yellowkit., smiling happier than ever before. Then Dapplestar began to look at the kits "You kits have been with us for 6 moons now, it's time you earned to be an apprentice! Ebonykit, you shall be called Ebonypaw from now on and your mentor is Sandypelt." Both cats smiled at each other and padded up to one another. "Now Yellowkit, You will be called Yellowpaw and your mentor is Stripedclaw." "Yay!" The new apprentices yelled.

"Hey in 5 moons we will be apprentices too!" Sunkit jumped. "Yeah...5 moons." Snowkit hissed. "Sunkit always seemed happy, even in the saddest of times" Snowkit thought.