0.1| T h e S t r e s s O f B e i n g A l o n e

Alexandria

The streets grew darker as the light poles flickered on and off. The fresh smell lingering of fear mixed with anxiety.

Comfort doesn't come easily as time passed and went by. I always wondered what we're my interests.

A depressed loveless piece of something. Not to say that I am a troubled child. Living with an abusive dad doesn't get much notice.

I've been uncomfortable in my since I was a little girl. I wear different clothes to hide all my battle scars. To hide my pain and to hide my identity.

I walked up the aisle to my house to see beer can laid up around the lawn. I knew he was here. I stepped up on the porch to see that throw up was right beside the chairs.

I twisted the door handle seeing pitch black. My eyes were wondering playing tricks on me. I heard a grumble knowing it was my dad I ran into my room to try to stay calm and safe.

I grabbed my covers opened my window to make it seem as if I left out. I ran inside the closet with my journal and a flash light.

I knew I would be sleeping here again. Not much I could do for myself. My closet is my refugee. The only place I'm safe at. The only place where I can't get harmed.

I heard my dad bust inside my room. A faint shriek came from me. Scared because he never gets through. I usually have a backup just in case.

This time I guess he got enough strength to do so. I grabbed the covers stuffing them in my mouth.

I heard rips spreading through the room. My dresser and TV were all smashed. I knew he was going to punch something but he never punched my closet.

The closet has much meaning behind it. Especially to him. It where him and my mother conceived me. Him and my mother met here. But as soon as she noticed he was becoming to much aggressive she up and left.

I have been stuck here for 9 years. I felt his footsteps creak over the wooden floor he most likely broken.

16 years old and I can't seem to leave. I try to get a job but I can't because no internet or phone. I won't be able to contact my job even if I wanted to.

One day I will escape...

How you guys like the first chapter... should I continue the story!! Tell me in the comments and don't forget to vote!