Zombies

The world can be so cruel, so harsh and cold. The world can also be bright, full of light and happiness. Its all life and death.You never know what will happen next.

I sit and hold my breathe. I must be still, o so ystill or they'll hear me. They pass slowly, killing everything in their path before them. The zombies. I don't know how it happen or even when it started, but it did. I woke up this morning to find my world crashing around me before I could even walk out the door.

I had a nightmare, it was about my mother, she was trying to kill me. She threw knives at me and tried to bite me, to hurt me with her cold hands. The whole thing scared me I swear i could feel her hands on my neck. I was up early, shooken up by the whole thing, I dressed slowly for school. Taking time to burn my hair into its unnatural form and to mask my face with a thin layer of makeup to hide my imperfections. I thump down the stairs, uncaring to the people who could hear. No one could hear I was alone, Mom and Dad at work and don't arrive home till I return for school. I drag myself to the kitchen, this is where i force myself to eat tasteless ceral with plain milk. I stare at the clock and beg for time to go faster. My time finally comes to leave my dark house with dark cornors and lifeless hallways and join the familiars of school and enjoy my friends. I dump my basically untouched ceral and swing my backpack onto my shoulder. I reach for the metal doorknob and turn it.

Face to face with a vile creature but reconizable, "mom!". She reaches toward me I scream horrified by her gray lifeless face and a body thats just falling apart. I jump away from her terrorizing grasp and run back to the kitchen. I grap hold of a large kitchen knife used to cut vegtables, not people." Mom?" I question, holding the knife towards her." Are you ok? What happen to you?" i stare in to her eyes, they have lost all spririt. She launches herself to me, I swing the knife outta fear and instinct. I hear a thump and her hand is on the floor and blood spews from her wrist. She doesn't blink or react like a human would. I realize this is not my mom this is a inhuman thing that has possed my mom and must be destroyed. I aim for her neck with the knife and as soon as I felt it hit and drag along, I ran. I need to assure myself she's dead, I run to the garage and grab one of my Dad's hammers.Tears in my eyes I return to my Mom and stand over her. I scream for bloody murder as I begin to bash her head in. Swing after swing my vision becomes more blurred but my fear fades. I stop. I watch the red blood pour out of her and pooling around her. I feel sick and woozy and run to the front door needing air. I see a horror unfold around me and i close my eyes begging for it all to be a dream.

They are everywhere tearing people apart, eating them. My ears are filled with screams from every direction. I shut the door and fall to my knees. " It's a dream... It's a dream. Dear god please, I'm not covered in my mothers blood and the undead are not haunting the streets." I stare at my hands like I had never seen them. Dyed in blood, the metallica smell of it stings my nostroils. A pound on my door makes me jump, I peek out of the peep hole " Hell no. Not another" I whisper under my breathe "No more house guests I haven't had time to clean!" I giggle at my unnessasry joke but it makes me feel better. I run up to my room to change, I figure the zombie can't get in " He's to stupid" I tell myelf in reassurance. I figure I gotta leave, to somewhere safe. I grap my pocket knife I earned in girl scouts and hook it to my belt. I tie up my hair and pack up a bag. Inside it I put my hammer, phone, tank top " In case I kill another" a tear leaves my eye. I also take a few kitchen knives but the biggest one stays on hand and thats final.I head back down the stairs feeling different the house feels different.. I scan the area around me, all I see is my Mom's hand sticking out from behind the counter and lots of blood. Deciding the back door is the safest path I also choose to go to the community center " It doesn't open till nine so there should'nt be zombies in there." I glance at my watch seven fifty it tells me. I rush to the backdoor no longer wanting to be in my home anymore when, I realize something.