Chapter 1

Ugh. Finally the last period of the day, writing. I can't wait for this class to be over so I can go to basketball practice. I absolutely love basketball. Even though I suck at it. But anyway, I still love it. I kinda zone out on most of what the teacher is saying by daydreaming about if I wasn't me, my life would have been different than it is now. I almost fell asleep whe--

        "WINTER!!"  My friend Victoria shouted as she hit the back of my head, interrupting my thoughts.

        I instantly snapped out of my daze to respond to her.

        "What?"  I asked, still kinda shocked.

        "Did you even hear what the teacher just said?!"  Victoria asked in surprise.

        "Not exactly."  I admitted.

"Well pay attention so you can get a good grade in this class. Remember what happened last time you got a bad grade?" She said with a mix of fear and worry in her eyes.

"Yeah yeah I know what happened last time. I don't want that to happen again, my mom was so mad at me."

"Well stop zoning out so much that way you don't get a bad grade."

"I'll try, its kinda hard for me to not space out."

(At basketball practice)

I was in the locker room changing into my basketball uniform when i hear my coach walk into the locker room.

"Alright ladies get over here i have some important news to tell you."

We all gathered around couch and she told us the important news. When coach was done telling us the importation news i kinda had a shocked look on my face. My basketball friend Jessica walked over to me and asked me why I was shocked. I told her that I can't believe we get to go out to a competition and play against someone else and have judges there. I hope we win and get the trophy. If we win that trophy then are school will finally have a trophy from the basketball team.