What Secrets? - long part (1)

"Good Afternoon students!" Ms Merna hollered as she walked through the class to her desk, after opening the sliding door at the entrance of the classroom. The class replied standing, with a chorused "Good Afternoon Ms Merna." And a bow. We took our seats then as our end of day homeroom began, Ms Merna stood in the centre-front with the blackboard behind her and asked for everyone's attention to be directed at her before she made an announcement. Yes, we have homeroom at both the start and end of the day. "I am thrilled to finally be able to tell you of our upcoming field trip in 3 weeks prior." She spoke with a smile as the classroom engulfed into excited whispers.

The teacher raised her hand as a sign of silence and resumed speaking. "I am excited to announce that our upcoming field trip will indeed be out of Japan and will be going on as a year level bonding opportunity trip for 4 weeks!" She exclaimed. The classroom was full of mixed emotions. Some excited and already talking about where it could be and some speechless at the allowed time length of the stay. "Hey Saiki! Where do you think it will be?" My uh... friend Kaido asked bubbling with excitement. I don't respond as usual, aside from my side remarks to him from my thoughts. I keep a blank stare ahead at the teacher and pay no attention to the 4 people surrounding me, either trying to have conversations with me, or with each other.

My name is Kusuo Saiki and I am a psychic. You'd be thinking: 'psychic? Like a superhero, or a guy with the abilities to read minds and stuff?' Yes, I can read minds and do almost anything, but having powers means hiding them from public unless you either want to be famous or be tested on, having to hold the burden of not being able to relax and taking and dealing with an enormous amount of problems and occurrences.

I hate being the centre of attention. That is why I always aim to be the most average person there is in my year level. I do all I can to be perfectly average in test results, sport events and anything that will publicly be shown. I avoid at all costs standing out and attracting attention because I find it annoying and painful to live with. My main abilities I am capable of include; Telekinesis, Pyrokinesis, Apportion, Clairvoyance, Restoration, Super strength, Teleporting, telepathy and way more abilities than average humans can count.

I somehow without saying much, got many followers in and out of class which I didn't even bring upon myself for doing or saying anything. They just started talking to me and created a friend group without my consent. Aren Kuboyasu (the former delinquent), Shun Kaido (Extremely weak), Riki Nendo (a complete idiot and has the look of your worst nightmare), Hairo (extremely fit, always outgoing and sweaty and is class president) and Kokomi Teruhashi (the 'perfect' girl as thought by her and most of her peers.) Also, a couple others Yumehara, Meira etc that don't really need mentioning at the moment. Now, back to reality.

"you all will get a set of sheets in a minute of things you will need and a rough idea of what we will be doing in our time there!" Ms Merna spoke. "now, does anyone want to take a guess of where we are going?" She asked. A student raised her hand and asked "America?" The teacher shook her head "nope! Anyone else?" She pointed at a boy in the back who thought it was funny to say 'Antarctica'. See, I already knew where we were going a while ago through the teacher's thoughts. Apparently, we were going to London and Paris. I have been across the world many times and out to space and it only takes a millisecond to teleport there, so nothing new really. Paris and London are beautiful and relaxing places though and I never explore that much when I teleport. I usually sit at the very top of the Eiffel Tower and enjoy the peace and quiet. Once the teacher finally announced the destinations, the classroom turned into havoc. I sighed in relief as the bell went, signalling the end of the day. "Alright I will hand you a form as you walk out. See you all tomorrow. Class dismissed!" Mrs Merna spoke then made her way to the door with the stack of papers. Everyone grabbed their things and made their way out the door after collecting the paper from the teacher.