Prologue: Family Photo

On the table, a sweet photo of a famous family sits next to a candle.

In the photo, a girl with white hair and red streaks through it holds a small boy with half and half red and white hair. A boy with white hair is holding up two peace signs, while a boy with red hair poses with finger guns.

The mother smiles kindly in the background, her white hair pure and beautiful, while the father stares angrily out, his business suit proper and clean.

A boy walks up to the photo, picking it up. He sniffs, wiping his eyes with the back of his sleeve.

"I'm sorry..." He whispers under his breath. Then, rearranging his fingers, he rips the photo, separating the father from everyone else. He continues to rip it, until no one would be able to tell what it originally was.

Piece by tiny piece, the boy holds the pieces up to the candle, and set them on fire. He then drops them into a metal tray.

As he finishes the last piece, he hears someone coming up the stairs. His heterochromatic eyes widen, and he ducks under the table for safety.

The boy's breath is shallow and raspy. He prays that the person doesn't find him.

The feet stop at the table. The person pauses, then lets out a yell that chills the boy's bones.

"SHOTO!!" The scream hurts the boy's ears. He curls himself up into a ball, his hands covering his ringing ears.

The boy's eyes widen as he feels a hand grab hold of his shirt. He is pulled out from underneath the table. He whimpers, staring directly into his father's eyes.

"I'll teach you to disrespect your family, you brat." He hisses, his voice low and dangerous. The boy tries not to cry, but as he watches his father, a tear rolls down his eye.