Prologue: The First Murder

Lily paced back and forth in her room. Her white blonde hair flowing in a stream behind her. She was tall and slender in figure with beautiful white markings on her face and neck. The symbol on her forehead was given to her on her 13th birthday. The Witch Queen had given her the mark as a symbol for "Powerful" when they took her into training to become the future Witch Queens advisor. At the time Lily was scared and had not yet met the Witch Princess Amara, but had heard of her beauty and grace.

    Lily paused in mid step and remembered the first time she had met Amara. The princess had long raven black hair that reached down past her waist. She had black and bright green markings on her face and neck. The symbol she had been given was a swirl of beauty meaning "Strength." When she smiled it reached her eyes which were two different colors. One was a pale yellow-green, while the other was bright yellow, which was the mark of a "Teller." It meant that the princess could see the future.

   Amara smiled at Lily as Lily bowed low in front of the princess.
   "You don't have to do that," Princess Amara said shyly to Lily. Lily looked up with her pale grey eyes cautiously to see Amara smiling down at her. She straightened up and smiled back at Princess Amara. "I have already seen that we are going to be great friends," Amara proclaimed and grabbed Lily by the hand to drag her to her first lesson as an advisor.

This memory constantly played in Lily's mind even though it had been 25 years ago. She shook her head and tried to focus on the situation at hand.

    In the past couple of days she hadn't heard from her husband Ezra. He had taken off one morning without telling her where he was going. Lily grabbed her spell book, she was no witch, but she could do a small location spell to see if she could find Ezra.

As she was flipping through the book, she heard a yell outside her door. It sounded an awful lot like her daughter Ziah. Lily walked to the door and opened it slowly to see what was going on and to make sure Ziah was okay.

As she stood behind the door looking out to the hall, Lily saw her 14 year old daughter Ziah standing in defense with her hands glowing white with her power as she prepared to fight a masked figure with red eyes, dressed in all black, holding what looked like a venom blade.

Ziah's chocolate brown eyes glowed with anger as her brow furrowed into a scowl and the mark of "Life" on her forehead became distorted. Her pale skin was almost florescent and her white markings glowed off of her face and neck as her power coursed through her body into her palms. Her blonde hair was pulled back with a band and her slim but muscular figure was almost feline as she stood their ready to fight.

The black masked figure yelled for Ziah to get out of the way in a deep growling voice that echoed through the hall. Ziah refused to move and the glowing in her hands grew brighter as the dark figure moved closer towards her.

"ZIAH!" Lily exclaimed in fear.

Ziah turned her focus toward Lily. The black masked figure took this chance and jumped forward with the venom blade and sliced through the air and down on Ziah's face.

Ziah shrieked in pain and grabbed her eye as she dropped to the floor. The white disappearing from her hands as she froze on the floor in pain. The black figure strode past Ziah, right towards Lily's room.

Lily wanted to run to her daughter and help her, but there was no room to get past the black masked figure and she had no power like her daughter.

She slammed the door shut and turned the lock. She whipped around to look for the nearest weapon in her room; a comb with a sharp metal end. She ran around the side of the bed and hid holding the comb end up away from her body.