chapter 1

I look up into the sky and see an endless supply of stars and galaxies. All i am is a speck of dust on a speck of dust orbitting a speck of dust. I glance next to me and look at him, staring into his eyes. I smile at him, his face is funny. His face has so many problems and blemishes. I really think he's not trying to find a fuck to give. This is why I laugh, so many problems and so little care.

"I feel like such a bitch for thinking this." I said to him

"Thinking what?" Bradley said

"That your face is ugly." I whispered

"That's nice" he bluntly said

This is the part that i hate with all my heart, the awkward silence between two people after a weird conversation that there is no response to. Just silence. just there.... laying there, on the wet grass.

"Fuck you silence!" I screamed (for no reason)

My anger echoed through the empty backyard. He didnt say anything, he wanted me to let out my anger on silence. He knows me. Me and Bradley have a complicated relationship. I've known him for most of my life of highschool, he's like an older brother to me now. Him and his family were over at my house because it was my birthday, one of the best fucking birthdays that have ever exsisted. While i was thinking this, all he was doing was staring at nothing, i wonder what he was staring at? Probably at some "hot girl" in the distance.

He's been like this since he was 15. He's made of 70% water and he is still thirsty, it must be those teenage hormones. I never want to reach that state of horniness, to much to handle. Apart from the horniness, he's the best friend I've ever had, iv'e been through a lot of shit and this senior year i hope everything changes. My whole high school experience has been a butthole full of bitchy people and no friends, to be truely honest Bradley is the only real friend. All my other friends left me from the transition from middle school to highschool because i "changed", fuck you, everybody changes, like u changing into a snotty little bitch.

Anyways, my freshman year was the worst, i had no friends anymore and every single lunch period was me sitting under a leaky air vent. I met Bradley at the end of freshman year so i spent the whole year under that vent, i kinda got used to it after a while.

Me and Bradley met after 1st period, like any other friend you meet. I was just sitting there plotting everybodies death in my head, like usual, and he said some snarky remark that i giggled at and from there we just started talking. At first I thought he was going to be like every other friend i had, act like they are my friend and then just leave a month later, but he was different, he actually tried to talk to me and care for me. Ever since this, we have been best friends, with a couple of fights here and there, but we kept it together. One time, one plastic came up to me and called me a "gothic hoe bag", i breathed to say something but before i said anything Bradley came in and said that "she should look in a mirror", i was so proud of him.

"What now" he said

"I guess eat, my mom made spaghetti" I said with a grin

"Your mom's spaghetti is the best!" he said, while getting up

"I dont like her spaghetti but i like it because it makes you happy, you fat ass" i said, getting up to follow him to the back door

"I am not fat!" he argued

"You sure act like it though"

"We can agree on that"

He opened the back door and my mom was standing right there with two plates filled with spaghetti, I heard him groan.

"Your really that excited? I dont think its THAT good." my mom said

"I told you so!" I said to Bradley

"shut up, it's still good." he said

We took the plates and left to my room while my mom was yelling at us to sit at the dinner table, who eats at the dinner table to eat dinner especially with their family now a days, it's so awkward. My family always thinks that me and Bradley are going to have babies, and they always talk about our "relationship" which we don't have. We went to my room and we sat on my bed. He literally ate the whole plate while we were walking to the room, "fatass" was the right term, I was for sure now. He ran to the kitchen and awkwardly greeted my parents alone and came back to the room.

We sat down.

"Are you ready for senior year Scarlet?" He said not really caring for my response

"I guess I am, i feel like it's going to be like every other year, just some dumbass trend and dumbass word that everybody repeats after every other word in their sentences."

"true, true"

My mom slammed the door open, she doesn't care for personal space.

"USE PROTECTION!" she screamed while covering her eyes

"Mom." I said

"What."

"Privacy."

"Oh okay, you like to be alone with him, its fine." she said still covering her eyes

"You can go now."

"Okay just wanted to check, protection remember."

"okay mom."

She was still covering her eyes and closed the door slowly.

"It's flattering." Bradley said smiling

"It's embarrassing." I said