How to jailbreak ios 8 - 8.1

At long last, Pangu - the go-to jailbreak tool for iOS 8.x - is now available for both Windows and Mac. The tool allows you to do an untethered jailbreak on iOS 8.1 (iOS 8.0-8.1) on most iDevices. After an initial release that did not bundle Cydia, we've come a long way now. Pangu now jailbreaks your iDevice and installs the latest Cydia by default.

Initially, when Pangu was released, you had to install Cydia manually (as the jailbreak didn't bundle Cydia with it). Right now, everything has been set as one would expect out of a jailbreak tool. Here's how to jailbreak your iPhone/iPad using Pangu (1.2.x) on Windows/Mac:

How to Jailbreak iOS 8.1 on iPhone or iPad with Pangu on Mac

Pangu jailbreak tool supports the following iOS 8.1 devices:

iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S
iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2
iPad mini, Retina iPad mini
iPod touch 5G
How to jailbreak iOS 8.1 on your iPhone or iPad with Pangu:

Step #1: If you have upgraded your device to iOS 8.1 by OTA, jailbreak will fail. It's important to take a backup of your device using iTunes and then restore your device to iOS 8.1 through iTunes.

Step #2: Disable Find My iPhone from Settings -> iCloud -> Find My iPhone
Step #3: Go to Settings, scroll down and tap on Touch ID & Passcode, then tap on Turn Passcode Off to disable Passcode. (on non-Touch ID devices, the setting is Passcode).

Step #4: Put your iPhone/iPad in Airplane Mode.

Step #5: Download Pangu jailbreak tool from here. (Pick the right version: Windows or Mac)

Step #6: On Windows, right click on the tool and click on the "Run as Administrator" option. On a Mac, double-click the .dmg file, and then right-click and click Open on the executable.

Step #7: Click on Start Jailbreak.

Pangu Jailbreak for iOS 8.1 for Mac

Step #8: Click on Already Did (because you completed the checklist in initial steps). The jailbreak process will start.

Notice for Pangu Jailbreak iOS 8.1 on Mac

Step #9: During the jailbreak, your iPhone will show a 'Slide to Upgrade' screen. Just slide and let Pangu do the rest of the job.

How to Jailbreak iOS 8.1 on Mac

Step #10: After a couple of reboots, Pangu and Cydia should be installed. Wait till your iPhone completely reboots.