Chapter I

I grab my school bag and quickly left my dorm, I was late for the third time this week. For the past few it has been that same. My uniforms are getting too small and my pants make it look like I am flooding. It is embarrassing although I think I know what may be, or should know what is happening.

My first shift. Once that happens thing will start to change. The school will put me in harder classes 'fit' for my new me. I guess. I should be excited and I kinda am. The thing is I have seen how it changes a person. Not only physically, but every other part of them as well.

Take my the guy who used to be my best friend, Reid. He is like a new person. Reid went from a kind hearted dorky guy to a cocky egotistical jerk. When he first shifted last year he was nice to me the Reid I knew since we started school. Then when I did not shift he got mean. Then I ignored him because I got tired of it.

I rushed into my class and everyone turned their heads a few of them snickered. "Mr. Lancaster, would you like to tell me why you are almost 20 minutes late to my class, again, and it looks to be you wearing a uniform made for an 11 year old."

"Uhh.. I woke up late and I must have shrunken it in the wash?" I quickly told her.

"Are you asking me or telling me? Please go to the office young man." I nodded in response and walked out. This day is going to suck if they realize. I walked down the hallway slowly almost like a walk of shame. Though the hall was empty I felt like everyone's were on me. It did not take genius to notice the signs.

I pushed the door open, I felt weak at this moment. The time I was supposed to feel strong and powerful. I just did not want to loose me. I still want to be Leo and I will not let myself go away. "Hello Leo. Ms. Sanders told me about your tardiness for the past few weeks. Is everything okay?" Asked Dean West warmly

"I..i think that I might be changing soon."

"Well why do you sound ashamed?"

I shook my head. "Have you seen me? There is a thousand I could go on with. The thing that scares me the most is not the physical change, but all the other changes. I still I want to be me. I t have seen how all these other guys and girls are after they change. I do not want that to happen to me." It made me angry just thinking about it.

"They changed as people on their own accord. That is their true colors, and I can tell that you will not change like that. If anything you will become a person. Let's get you home so you can shift in a conformable environment. Do you want to call your parents and tell them?"

"Yes, please."

"Oh, I think that you will make an amazing Alpha."

I nodded a thank you and walked to the my room to pack my things. I still think that it will a lot of convincing to not think that. It could be that I just think change it bad and that it never has good outcome. I have only had a bad experience and it was the other Alphas and Lunas changing.

I fumbled with my keys while trying to open my door. I entered my room and stared to pack my things that would last me about a month. Then I picked up my phone and dialed my mother's number. After three rings she answered. "Oh my baby boy! You haven't called me all week is everything alright?"

I sighed before answering, "Well I think that it's time. I am going to shift soon."