Average

Dear Diary,
My while life I've been average. I have average length hair, I'm average height. I have average grades, even my self esteem is average. I blend in with the crowd and few come to recognize I exist. It's kinda bothersome.

Today, I was walking through the average halls and past the average lockers when I caught a glimpse of someone. Someone new. Someone different.

He was tall. He had light hair, a light, faded scar over his eye, and he wore a dark leather jacket over a white shirt.

When I saw him, he saw me. We locked eyes, but something compelled me not to look away. His brilliant blue eyes locked into mine and he started at me. It was intimidating. He didn't glare, he didn't sneer. He just stared. His eyes pierced my soul as those two icy pools of water scanned me. No, they didn't just scan me, they warned me. They pulled me under the surface of their icy tomb and threatened to leave me there.

Chills ran down my spine as he headed into his next class, still staring me down. I hurried to my next class so that I'd have a friend to chat with. Damien.

Damien was a tallish guy. He had wavy hair that was black, and the end were dyed purple. He had thick black glasses that were rectangular. He looked kinda smart. He was kinda smart. He didn't excel, but he had average grades. His eyes were a deep blue that almost edged purple and he wore a sweatshirt, ripped jeans, and a choker to school today. Me and him were kinda like egirls, but we also edged emo. We weren't either, but our main style lied there.

"Hey, Angyl, you look like you looked death in the eyes. What happened?" My friend interrogated me as I sat down in class.

"I did look death in the eyes. Some new kid stared at me in the hall. Sure I was staring first, but-"

"I see, you have a crush on him and he gave you that look that means 'I'm gonna tie you up and make you scream my name.' Nobody wants to hear about your kinky fantasies, Angyl." Damien chuckled, happy with his joke. I scoffed.

"Whatever, dickhead. But dude, his eyes were icy blue. They kinda scared me." I said, a shower in my voice.

Damien smiled. "What, my purple eyes not dominant enough for you?"

The idiot batted his eyelashes, staring back at me. I sighed with a smile, giving up on explaining to him. The teacher begin class and the day continued. Just an average day, until after school.